Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

On 6/29/2018 at 11:31 AM, Bukamania said:

I think I'm the only who enjoyed Enzo on Austin's podcast. I thought he came across quite well and someones who's not afraid to say what is on his mind. Probably going to receive several down votes for saying that now.

I thought he came across well too, he stood up for himself within a giant corporate machine who could have kicked his arse out at any second and he fought against outdated traditions. He seems to be more progressive than I imagined.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying 83Weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, it seems like there has been a bit of a lack of WCW insider podcasts, other than WCW guys on WWE productions, which isn't the same. Yes, East E clearly talks a lot of shit but I really find it enjoyable. I might resub to STWW as well given that I don't mind Conrad.

• Paid Members

Listened to E&C’s pod with Rhyno yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to be quite boring, however the stories that they told and the ‘banter’ they had was brilliant. The hour and half flew by and there were some genuine laugh out loud moments. Rhyno seems like a top bloke.

83 Weeks is good. he's a better voice to listen to than Bruce at the very least. I loved WHW until it just became commentary of actual shows. Schiavone became a parody of himself when he stopped caring but for me he was the voice of WCW.

SCG is far and away the best one out there though. Really enjoying the timeline,I'll be sad when it comes to an end

• Paid Members

Listened to Killing the Town this week, it was a few weeks old with Cyrus & Lazenby. Cyrus has always kept it a little kayfabe'd with his character but they went full on with this one, really putting over the Sami Callihan as a shoot but in the context of a work. I do like stuff completely out of character but hearing two guys use the platform to further business and push an Impact angle was fucking great, props to them. Its something id like to hear/see more of. Proper blurring the line stuff.

Edited by Egg Shen

I stopped listening cause of the Sami Callighan chat, them acting like it’s all real put me off the show as always liked it for its honestly 

@Liam O'Rourke 83 weeks uses your book a lot....Eric’s not a fan of it sadly. Really enjoyed if myself 

• Paid Members

Ah great! Cheers. Didn't even know they were doing Pillman and there's that many podcasts now I never even know what days the new episodes drop anymore. I'll definitely be giving this a listen. I've got Liam's book as well but through one thing or another haven't got around to reading it. This should push me to get my arse in gear on that. 

6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I've enjoyed a lot of the 83 weeks shows but Bischoff refuses to accept the word of anyone else on any issue while struggling to remember why. Despite being there, he's no authority on the subjects.

I loved hearing him tear into Liam and the dirtsheets, this is a guy that routinely gets cut to shreds on shows like SCG (mostly regurgitating Meltzers words) so yeah it was great hearing him  bury a few demons. Liam now imo needs to defend the validity of his story and take Eric to task

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, JudyBagwell said:

I loved hearing him tear into Liam and the dirtsheets, this is a guy that routinely gets cut to shreds on shows like SCG (mostly regurgitating Meltzers words) so yeah it was great hearing him  bury a few demons. Liam now imo needs to defend the validity of his story and take Eric to task

Liam wrote a book. He acknowledged all sources and all interviewees. I'm sure some of the stories are embelished (like 99.9% of wrestling shoot interviews) but the sources are all there to take to task.

I also enjoy Eric having a pop at Meltzer - he was always an entertaining promo when his voice wasn't muffled by Hogan's arse-cheeks - but his general starting point of 'Meltzer wasn't there, how would he know, he was just guessing' doesn't hold up when he knows how many guys were feeding Meltzer because he had no control over them.