Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Old Man Jones is definitely worth turning up the volume for.  On several occasions I've been walking in the streets listening to SCG with my headphones on and just burst out pissing myself laughing at some of his cynical comments.  All round fantastic podcast.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:30 AM, Jimmy Boy said:

How good is wrestle me?! The WM 8 one detailing all the back story was hilarious 

Agreed...though I get the feeling that the first episode that had no matches discussed meant that the third one was rushed a little. I love the disdain for Sid and I was in agreement that with fresh eyes that Savage-Flair match was pretty special.

12 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Something To Wrestle seems to have entered its barrel scraping phase - 3hrs46mins on Bob Holly

To be fair, there were four option on a poll and that won it - still some decent stories on there from the mid-card.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying the Bischoff podcast "83 weeks". I skipped a couple of the early ones and jumped to some of the less talked about topics and it's a good listen. It's not flawless. Bischoff has a terrible memory for detail, goes over the top in some criticism and can be hypocritical but he is good on the principals of what he was trying to acheive, entertaining when he feels wronged and honest about a lot of mistakes (not all). Conrad can be obnoxious but is good at not letting Eric just bullshit his way through.

Much prefer their chemistry to Pritchard and Conrad who annoy the fuck out of me. They're a parody. Conrad works better on this. There's an epic Chris Jericho episode up now that I've been working through. I think it's about 4 hours.

The latest SCG Radio is now online, as we return this week to the Monday Night War Timeline, covering September 1999! Running down every Raw, Nitro and PPV of the month with backstage news notes from the Observer and Torch newsletters of the time, we tackle every major story, including the firing of Eric Bischoff as Executive Vice President, Vince McMahon returning from a six week retirement to become WWF World Champion, the shocking signing of Taz to the WWF, the heel turn of Sting, Shawn Michaels being sent home for pissing off the wrong guy, Chris Jericho runs into problems, Bret Hart returns to WCW to stand around, Triple H being booked shockingly poorly, illogical booking, nonsensical television, crazy backstage politics and tons more. As always, we have all the facts, figures and ratings to provide the ultimate insight on a fascinating period - check it out!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/brj6uq/SCG_Radio_137_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_September_1999.mp3

• Paid Members

what happened to Lance Storm on Killing the Town? ive dropped off listening for a month or so, just put one on and its now hosted by Cyrus and Paul Lazenby.

Probably for the best, Storm's utterly soul destroyingly boring view on the business was the main reason i stopped listening. Always liked Cyrus though, and Lazenby whens hes guested in the past.

I assume Storm had to take time off because his latest Storm Wrestling Academy term was due to begin, but it hasn't been explained explicitly.  I hate Lazenby though.  He seems incredibly self-important and speaks as though he's a 20 year veteran when as best I can tell the closest he's been to wrestling is being Steve Austin's stunt double.

• Moderators
Just now, CTXRussomark said:

I assume Storm had to take time off because his latest Storm Wrestling Academy term was due to begin, but it hasn't been explained explicitly.  I hate Lazenby though.  He seems incredibly self-important and speaks as though he's a 20 year veteran when as best I can tell the closest he's been to wrestling is being Steve Austin's stunt double.

I may have told this before, but Lazenby left a furious 1-star review on one of my books because, unlike him, I wasn't mates with Steven Seagal, so didn't know what I was talking about. It's by far the angriest review I've ever had. It was so bad that Amazon took it down.

2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I may have told this before, but Lazenby left a furious 1-star review on one of my books because, unlike him, I wasn't mates with Steven Seagal, so didn't know what I was talking about. It's by far the angriest review I've ever had. It was so bad that Amazon took it down.

That's outstanding!  And not the least bit surprising.  What a cock.