Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DootDootDoot said:

Might not be to everyone's taste but I've been listening to 'Wrestle Me' with Marc Haynes and Pete Donaldson recently.

The basic premise is that Marc is an avid wrestling fan and Pete is coming into it having never been into it at all. They're going through each Wrestlemania in order Marc's run down of what was going on and Pete's bafflement at some of the happenings. It's a nice nostalgia fest if you flick through each Mania before listening and they pick up on some of the tid bits you won't have noticed first time around.

Really good, light hearted fun.

I like the sound of this but can't see it anywhere on Podbean. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Yeah, somebody grassed Tony up to his employers about some of the sexual stuff that was being mentioned and was trying to get him fired from one of his other jobs on Twitter. What a rat.

it's a sad world we live in.

• Paid Members

Wrestle Me is my favourite podcast right now. It's delightful.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, tiger_rick said:

Finally finished @Liam O'Rourke book "Crazy Like A Fox: The Definitive Chronicle of Brian Pillman 20 Years Later". I recommend it highly. It's excellently written, as you'd expect from Liam's previous work in print and on his podcasts. It's an excellent biography that tells the story of Pillman as an underdog in the American Football world through college and into the professional leagues well but excels as it chronicles his wrestling career in great detail. Half of it awakened great memories that led me to WWE Network and Youtube to relive them and the rest things I've never known half the story on.

It's meticulously researched and contains some excellent insight from people who knew Pillman first hand and great brains in the wrestling industry. Aside from the hilarious summation of Pillman's WWF Shotgun Saturday night commentary my favourite part was almost the prologue. Liam brilliantly sums up Pillman and the dirtiness of the wrestling industry with a particularly good contibution from Raven on the pitfalls and inevitabilities of the industry.

In terms of wrestling books I've read, this is right up there in terms of quality of writing and subject matter.

Apologies to Liam but I'm going to cost him a sale by sending it to my brother!

Well shit, thank you very much B-)

Was wondering what you'd think when it was all said and done - the final stretch of his life is pretty grim, and it isn't until the very end that it feels like a heroic flower is finally managing to fight through a crack in the concrete to inject some positivity into things. Quick question - now it's finished, what do you make of Brian?

• Paid Members
On 31/03/2018 at 1:09 PM, theironshake said:

Add me in the love for wrestle me. Its brilliant

You know that thing where you're listening on headphones and laugh so hard you get stared at from all sides? That was me when Ronnie Garvin was described as looking like a man in a pub selling fish.

• Paid Members
On 03/04/2018 at 9:21 AM, Liam O'Rourke said:

Well shit, thank you very much B-)

Was wondering what you'd think when it was all said and done - the final stretch of his life is pretty grim, and it isn't until the very end that it feels like a heroic flower is finally managing to fight through a crack in the concrete to inject some positivity into things. Quick question - now it's finished, what do you make of Brian?

I think probably what I've always thought albeit with more information now. Always respected how hard he worked to make it in a tough profession and appreciated his frustration at continually almost breaking through. Personally, I don't think there is anyone in wrestling I've ever read or heard about and thought they seem like someone I'd like. He sounds like the same jock dick I imagine most American sports people to be albeit with added chip on his shoulder. It was more enlightening reading about Melanie Pillman who I've never known anything about other than she shagged the Warrior and McMahon was a dick to put her on camera the day after he died. Seems they were two peas from a similar pod. Pillman caring more about his kids but neither winning the morality stakes.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Big match John is on ID10t podcast (formally Nerdist), unsurprisingly he's fucking awesome. Well worth your time because well Cena. 

So we've done a quick WrestleMania week preview podcast this week, talking about not only WrestleMania 34 but Takeover, Wrestlecon, More Than Mania and all sorts of stuff going on in the next few days. It's only an hour or so but we're pretty pleased with it, so hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

Download link is here:

http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/the-big-wrestlemania-weekend-preview-extravaganza/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always!

• Paid Members

Listened to this today. If you skip the first 20-30 mins of chit chat, it's very, very good. Just brilliant conversation about how to promote locally and how to eek everything out of relationships with vendors and sponsors. Jim admitting some mistakes too. Probably the most lucid the crazy fucker has ever sounded.

https://art19.com/shows/jim-cornette-experience/episodes/e90be5af-cd24-42ab-a6ed-d1c752c01054