Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, rollthedice said:

also enjoyed his 2 parter with Gallows and Anderson.

That's a great one. G&A are a hoot, would love to hear more from them. Shame their ringwork is so pedestrian.

• Paid Members

Was listening to the Something to Wrestle episode on Shawn Michaels' 1994/95. Had no idea that Shawn Michaels wrestled The Undertaker in singles back in 95. I always assumed that their first one on one matches came in 97 but Conrad just casually threw in that Shawn worked Taker on a house show(s) in the run up to WrestleMania XI. 

And right enough, historyofwwe.com lists it for this show; 

Portland, ME - Civic Center - February 26, 1995 (3,959)

Kwang defeated Scott Taylor 

Kama defeated Bob Holly

Hakushi defeated the 123 Kid

Jacob & Eli Blu defeated the Headshrinkers

Tatanka defeated Aldo Montoya

Bret Hart defeated Owen Hart

The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels via count out

Razor Ramon defeated WWF IC Champion Jeff Jarrett via disqualification 

WWF World Champion Diesel defeated Bam Bam Bigelow

It might lack LT, Salt n Peppa and Pamela Anderson's tits but I like the look of this a lot more than WrestleMania XI. There's some shite there (mainly Jacob & Eli) but those top four matches plus Hakushi/Kid is a bloody strong card. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Has JR's podcast landed anywhere yet? 

Also, is What Happened When finishing after the wedding? Or are they just pulling our legs? 

Tony's memory has kicked in lately and they've been a much better listen. I'll miss the theme song for sure too. 

i reckon They will keep going and its just a rouse...you are right about his memory and i think TBH just his confidence has grown since they started the watchalongs!

21 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Has JR's podcast landed anywhere yet? 

Also, is What Happened When finishing after the wedding? Or are they just pulling our legs? 

Tony's memory has kicked in lately and they've been a much better listen. I'll miss the theme song for sure too. 

SCG Radio returns this week to the Monday Night War Timeline to talk all about July 1999! Covering every Raw, Nitro and PPV, we discuss all the big stories on the month, including the build-up to The End of an Era at Fully Loaded, the developing elevation of Triple H, the continued failure of Billy Gunn, Steve Austin shooting down plans to work with Jeff Jarrett, assholes crapping on Bret Hart, WCW's utter desperation with the return of Hulk Hogan to take the World Title, a dreadful Bash at the Beach show, Megadeth performing live on Nitro, Goldberg returning unadvertised, Dennis Rodman in a terrible feud with Randy Savage and an awful lot of Sid Vicious. With all the facts, figures and backstage scoops from the Observer and Torch Newsletters of the time, we relive a very foreboding month in the war. A huge, jam-packed show, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/t7xiiw/SCG_Radio_132_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_July_1999.mp3

Vinnie Ru has been fired from PodcastOne, something to do with Ryan Satin and his girlfriend complaining to them after Vince remarked on some video they posted and a whole bunch of shit kicked off. There's obviously more to it but fuck am I listening to more about Russo and Satin at 10pm.

Yeah Satin really is the worst, he's such a hypocrite who'll attack people in the name of social justice yet do the exact same things he's attacking you for.

Apparently Vince hasn't been getting paid much lately anyway even though his numbers were still great, since PodcastOne were caught fudging numbers and that whole scandal went down a slew of advertisers pulled out and everyone else is losing out because of it. It's why he moved Castrating the Marks to his own site, to make actual money from his most popular show.

Just finished listening to last weeks episode of Talk Is Jericho that featured Sami Calihan. Figured I'd get his side of the incident with Eddie Edwards on Impact. What an utter fuckwit this guy is. He nearly caves in Edwards' face with a baseball bat and his response is "accidents happen in pro-wrestling, stop being botches and get over it". If you've got a spare hour to listen to a guy with massive delusions of grandeur give it a go

Now now Merz, we all know that Jericho is the biggest celebrity in the world and that Russo created everything great in wrestling ever.

In all seriousness though, Russo is on another planet completely. I tried listening to him on Austin's podcast last week. Austin asked him about Pillman's famous ECW promo and its influence. Russo then spends the better part of 10minutes about when in the early days of TNA, he in "a 100% shoot" took down Ron Killings and it took both of the Harris Twins to get him off. You know that it's 100% a shoot because tells us that it is every 20 seconds. I can't even remember what he said (if anything) about Pillman's promo because it took that long to get to his point

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just finished listening to last weeks episode of Talk Is Jericho that featured Sami Calihan. Figured I'd get his side of the incident with Eddie Edwards on Impact. What an utter fuckwit this guy is. He nearly caves in Edwards' face with a baseball bat and his response is "accidents happen in pro-wrestling, stop being botches and get over it". If you've got a spare hour to listen to a guy with massive delusions of grandeur give it a go

isnt Calihan just working the whole thing though? 

The new Edge and Christian podcast has Austin and Bret as guests doing ‘anatomy of a match’ for their Mania 13 match. Just started, but fuck it could be great..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz