Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Mental. Still, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked. Finding an ATM in Tokyo is miles harder than it should be and I was gobsmacked to find out how rare chip and PIN is and that huge swathes of society rely on shitty little building society style passbooks to draw their cash.

• Paid Members

Well SETWWBP is just their podcast, with the addition of juddery web cams and the bleeping of some naughty words. Conrad was less of a dickhead than he usually is, so hopefully that continues. Both look like characters out of League of Gentlemen.

On 16/04/2018 at 10:52 AM, CTXRussomark said:

You'd be surprised - cheques are still far more common in America than electronic payments. I'm sure I've heard references on podcasts fairly recently of guys receiving cheques in the mail, but I think that was for royalties. It still wouldn't surprise me though. 

Yep! I live in Canada and binweekly psyments and Cheques are how a lot of us are paid 

Hopefully ok to share here, I have started a podcast that is looking at the Scottish scene, and getting voices out for people on the way up , and I’m also doing some mini documentary shows on events and companies history’s to help spread the word. 

My first show is an interview with Lewis Girvan where we discuss his training, that he’s now a trainer at two schools and his career in various companies in Scotland, northern England and Ireland . Its about 85 mins all in , and  appreciate any feedback if anyone wants to give it a go. 

Its on anchor just now while other sites verify me as it’s the first show, so iTunes podcast site probably later today 

Lewis Girvan podcast

Edited by Louch

I'm amazed the Prichard show made it onto the Network looking the way it does. Part of me feels like I should appreciate the no frills approach considering how over-produced everything else is thesedays, but watching 2 hours of stuttering webcam-quality video with audio that isn't even synced isn't a fun experience. It proves Vince isn't monitoring the Network content I guess. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

I'm amazed the Prichard show made it onto the Network looking the way it does. Part of me feels like I should appreciate the no frills approach considering how over-produced everything else is thesedays, but watching 2 hours of stuttering webcam-quality video with audio that isn't even synced isn't a fun experience. It proves Vince isn't monitoring the Network content I guess. 

I wondered when watching it if the quality of the webcam was deliberately shit to give the show some sort of edgy or non-corporate feel.  I don't use Skype, but I would expect the quality of a standard call to be better than that?  And even if Skype is that bad, it would cost WWE almost nothing production wise to provide Conrad and Bruce with equipment for a better video recording.

Overall I didn't like the show as much as a normal podcast.  Yes, it was good seeing the accompanying clips, but I thought both men held back a bit, and there were too many short impressions that were done just to show Bruce can do them and that he had his little gimmick cardboard faces made.

The podcast is great to listen to when driving/running/doing something at the same time, but I don't think its worth putting time aside to just watch it on the Network and not do anything else.

WWE Network version of Something To Wrestle is covering Wrestlemania V, which they did already on the regular podcast when they did The Mega Powers in ep2, so get used to hearing Conrad say “we’ve covered this already on our Mega Powers episode, which you can find in the archive”

• Paid Members

I only started Wrestle Me this week, and I'm up to WrestleMania 4 and it's great. I'm kind of glad I didn't start it right away as now I can binge on it.