Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, tiger_rick said:

...was the best bit. That and kieron telling Elton John to fuck off which will confuse many without context.

I do enjoy SGC Radio but yeah, I was a bit lost by that.

Is it because of his "cameo" in Kingsman: The Golden Circle?

As I wanted Elton John to fuck off after watching that movie.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, CL Punk said:

I do enjoy SGC Radio but yeah, I was a bit lost by that.

Is it because of his "cameo" in Kingsman: The Golden Circle?

As I wanted Elton John to fuck off after watching that movie.

No, it's because Kieron is a Wolves fan and they lost at Wembley to Watford who Elton John used to own and is a "celebrity fan" of.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, tiger_rick said:

Listened to this a couple of times this week. Great show again. Enjoyed the lads struggles to watch WCW while the WWF was on fire. Agree fully that this:

...was the best bit. That and kieron telling Elton John to fuck off which will confuse many without context.

I've recently been making my way through the New Generation podcast. I'm ridiculously late to it as I've tried it twice and given up because it's so dry. Funny thing is I finally got into it and made it through several episodes then stopped to listen to SCG and found it very dry again immediately after. They seem like good guys but the host lacks the charisma of Liam on SCG. It's fine though, just took some working back into. Does make me chuckle to think of listeners overseas who think we all live in London and talk like the war films from the 50s and what they'd make of the SCG crew from the black country and the Leicestershire mob on New Gen.

Reminds me of a work call we had with a company in California a few years ago when one of our guys from South Yorkshire used the phrase "it does exactly what it says on't tin". Cue silence and confusion.

New Gen takes ages and ages to fully mature. I know some will disagree, but they only really start hitting it out of the park around 96 for me. Virtually every PPV show from Survivor Series 96 on is fantastic. Their genuine dryness clashes completely with how gradually shocking the programming starts becoming and it's the best thing that could have happened to the podcast. 

I miss the New Gen guys, I think Stewart suffers from severe depression so that’s why there is such a gap between episodes sometimes. 

Really nice guy, have swapped several messages with him about mid 90s emo. Hopefully things improve for him and they’ll be back soon as that podcast helped me smile through some tough times.

• Paid Members

Our follow up interview with Steve Gauntley will be in Q&A form. If you have any questions about 1PW’s past & potential future, feel free to message me on here, or ask on twitter. We’ll be recording on May 30th, so get your questions in👍

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1130763711201849344 

9FD11129-059F-4126-BDD1-D404FCCF8B2A.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

New Gen takes ages and ages to fully mature. I know some will disagree, but they only really start hitting it out of the park around 96 for me. Virtually every PPV show from Survivor Series 96 on is fantastic. Their genuine dryness clashes completely with how gradually shocking the programming starts becoming and it's the best thing that could have happened to the podcast.

I'm up to KOTR 94 and like it a lot already. As well as being quite dry, it took some getting used to two of the guys being unfamiliar with everything but as you go forward, they get more familiar with some stuff and also they are pretty intelligent guys so make some really interesting observations from a view of naivety.

• Paid Members

I'm a fan of dry comedy but I never felt it translated well for me in this format. I found a lot of the shows a slog and I enjoyed them a lot more when I broke each episode down into 45 minute/1 hour chunks.

That said, they're all very nice guys and I do hope they return at some point. Like SuperBacon, I've had some chats with Stewart about mid-90's emo and he was always a pleasure.

I think NGP is probably my favourite wrestling related podcast alongside SCG , I'd like to take a tiny part credit for the concept of their Billly Joel,  Hogan Jobbed To Fire song, i even wrote a full version of my own and sent to Stewart.

They seem like genuinely top blokes and some of Paul's stories are genuinely hilarious 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm up to KOTR 94 and like it a lot already. As well as being quite dry, it took some getting used to two of the guys being unfamiliar with everything but as you go forward, they get more familiar with some stuff and also they are pretty intelligent guys so make some really interesting observations from a view of naivety.

Having listened to one or two episodes, that's what I struggled with tbh.

But I might give that podcast another go if its as good as everyone's saying.

24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having listened to one or two episodes, that's what I struggled with tbh.

But I might give that podcast another go if its as good as everyone's saying.

I actually prefer that to be honest. Stewart is the wrestling fanatic, Adam is semi knowledgable and Paul seems to have not watched any wrestling past 1993.

It’s refreshing in a podcast land full of “experts”. The naivety completely adds to it.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

We took a break from interviewing WWE legends of the 90’s and instead chatted with a very frank and candid Steven Gauntley.

Join is for his first interview in over 10 years about 1PW, what went down and his future.

1 or 2 slightly audio difficulties couldn’t prevent us from getting this one up.

https://pppodcast.podbean.com/e/turnchuckle-special-guest-steven-gauntley/ 

So I saw this and was genuinely interested and excited to listen as 1pw and Steven was so huge and let's face it controversial for so many reasons....

The interview is such a huge missed opportunity. The questions asked are just so basic and genuinely at times sound like you have not seen a single show, done any online research on everything from the cards the wrestlers and matches. You guys come across as genuinely happy to just be interviewing Steven not using the platform to get his side of some of the really dark and gritty things that happened.

im genuinely not being horrible I wanted to listen but this is such a huge letdown 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

You guys come across as genuinely happy to just be interviewing Steven not using the platform to get his side of some of the really dark and gritty things that happened.

That's the theme of their twitter/podcast/youtube channel. They're figure collectors who like old wrestling. Its not Jeremy Paxman. They're selling something different from what you are looking for. Kaz is a good brother, he's not going to ambush him.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

That's the theme of their twitter/podcast/youtube channel. They're figure collectors who like old wrestling. Its not Jeremy Paxman. They're selling something different from what you are looking for. Kaz is a good brother, he's not going to ambush him.

I wasn't being horrible and I genuinely am sorry if it came across this way I just thought it wasn't at all researched and just felt quite unorganised 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I wasn't being horrible and I genuinely am sorry if it came across this way I just thought it wasn't at all researched and just felt quite unorganised 

Appreciate the feedback. Our approach won’t be everyone’s cup of tea and that’s absolutely fine. 

Just to answer some of your points.

We were indeed absolutely happy for him to be on the show, and we’re very happy that came through on the podcast. There’s nothing we want more than for the guest to feel comfortable, stay 30 mins longer than scheduled, and promote our show to their peers as a positive experience. So for us, an opportunity (or several) gained. Much like when we had Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega, Todd Pettengill, Rick Bognar, Barry Horowitz, etc on the show.

Specific to this interview, we’re highly aware of the product, we’re very familiar with 1PW, we attend at least half of the 1st two years of shows and knew the ground we wanted to cover in the 1st interview. 

You need to bear in mind, the next show is a fan Q&A. We planned that going in to the first interview. Due to which, we also planned for the first interview to be a light hearted chat, as we knew the grit would come from the 2nd interview. Why cover the same gritty points in two interviews?

And by all means, submit a question đź‘Ť