Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Superb podcast and a breath of fresh air to hear Moxley speaking so candidly about his issues and problems with that whole WWE machine. I honestly can't wait to keep up with what he does going forward, now the restrictions are gone.

Now it's been confirmed, I just see the WWE as the human centipede of wrestling, shitting out terrible ideas and regurgitating them ad nauseam until Vince pops his clogs. That's why it doesn't matter about what WWE do at this point, they're so far into their own bubble that they're killing themselves from the inside out.

Great podcast, worth a listen as already mentioned. On the flipside, you gotta be kinda impressed with the mental toughness that must be found in the guys that actually remain in WWE. Of course there are upsides and they've got a lot to be thankful for etc., but so many of the talents must feel exactly the same as Moxley, love "wrestling" just as much, are having that passion seep out from them, yet will fight on regardless.

Yeah of course. Like I say, a few will still feel like him though. Many people can work forever and not have/need a passion for that vocation. But for some, as Moxley said, no amount of zeroes on his contract would have persuaded him to stay. I'm probably not going to latch onto AEW but I hope he gets the freedom and happiness he's after and I'm sure he will.

• Paid Members

Three things that stuck with me about the Moxley podcast:

1)      Jericho opening all Carney with ‘This was recorded before Double or Nothing and after what he did, I’d slap him in his face if he had been in front of me’ or something akin to that, followed not two minutes later by Jericho and Moxley discussing how great Double or Nothing was.

2)      Moxley sounds like a cross between Joan Rivers and Marty Gilbert from Independence Day.

3)      He’s actually a very interesting man, is Moxley and I’m looking forward to seeing if he can lend credence to and back up his opinion of himself, now he’s off the leash.

44 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

3)      He’s actually a very interesting man, is Moxley and I’m looking forward to seeing if he can lend credence to and back up his opinion of himself, now he’s off the leash.

Agreed - its a bit "Hello!" magazine but I'd also like to know the story of how he managed to snag Renee Young the charming, hunky, dirty bastard

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Agreed - its a bit "Hello!" magazine but I'd also like to know the story of how he managed to snag Renee Young the charming, hunky, dirty bastard

53 minutes in is what you’re looking for 

I think it gives an interesting insider perspective of what we see every week on WWE TV. The vast majority of things that happen that make people look like stars are improvised largely on the spot by the talent themselves. For example Becky Lynch in the brawl before Survivor Series. A team of writers and Vince then take that and over produce it into stuff that's rarely better than awful and it kills their momentum stone dead. 

It also makes me wonder whether Seth Rollins is the most boring and uninteresting WWE/Universal Champ of all time or whether it's solely shitty writing causing his horribly forced and awkward promos.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

SCG Radio returns this week as we break down the first show of All Elite Wrestling - Double or Nothing! After attending the show live in Vegas, all three watched the show back on PPV, and get together to talk about what worked and what didn't, live versus television, thoughts on the promotion, the matches, star power, production elements, and some hard hitting truths about WWE and the current lay of the land. In addition, we talk about AEW's future, reflect on attending Starrcast, and Liam comes face to face with Eric Bischoff. All this and more this week on SCG Radio!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/b24iwx/SCG_Radio_152_-_AEW_Double_Or_Nothing.mp3

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

SCG Radio returns this week as we break down the first show of All Elite Wrestling - Double or Nothing! After attending the show live in Vegas, all three watched the show back on PPV, and get together to talk about what worked and what didn't, live versus television, thoughts on the promotion, the matches, star power, production elements, and some hard hitting truths about WWE and the current lay of the land. In addition, we talk about AEW's future, reflect on attending Starrcast, and Liam comes face to face with Eric Bischoff. All this and more this week on SCG Radio!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/b24iwx/SCG_Radio_152_-_AEW_Double_Or_Nothing.mp3

I really enjoyed this! Some fair critique, the Melzter watch-along was fun and the Bischoff story at the end is triumphant! 

The excitement from you three about modern wrestling is infectious, it's wonderful to hear.