Paid Members PunkStep Posted September 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2015 Not a nostalgia thing in my view, they used to put so much effort into their set designs. They might not have always included a big fuck off ramp, but they stood out and matched the theming of he PPV. I LOVED the Backlash set designs, with those metal claw things hanging.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2015 Still my favourite entrance. And this purely down to nostalgia. They still have it in their warehouse and it was in perfect working order on that Joey Styles thing on WWE.com. They should use it for one of their old school specials.
Guest Posted September 9, 2015 Posted September 9, 2015 I liked for the Royal Rumble, I'm pretty sure it was 2000, the one where Rikishi is teased to win. Where you had a front-on view of the ring and the wrestlers making their entrance. Always disappointed when the new Rumble sets not like that
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2015 I miss the unique sets. The aesthetics of the big shows are a big part of it for me. I'm sure it's the case for others too. You have to wonder, realistically, whether it's enough people to make it worth it. They've obviously settled on a set they can take everywhere, know how many people it takes to put up, how long, everyone knows their job, etc. It's highly efficient and they can customise big parts of it. Most of all, it's bought and paid for so there's no overhead per show. It's sensible and unless it's putting off any potential customers, which I doubt, it's the right thing to do. I'd like to see them do SummerSlam outdoors every year. I think that would really add to that particular show's aura.
BullyRayStoleMyKitKat Posted September 9, 2015 Posted September 9, 2015 I liked for the Royal Rumble, I'm pretty sure it was 2000, the one where Rikishi is teased to win. Where you had a front-on view of the ring and the wrestlers making their entrance. Always disappointed when the new Rumble sets not like thatIIRC, isnt that more down to the setup of MSG? Mania X had the same entrance set up... Edit: And S.Series 02, always remember Steiner marching down to beat Nowinski and Matt.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2015 I liked for the Royal Rumble, I'm pretty sure it was 2000, the one where Rikishi is teased to win. Where you had a front-on view of the ring and the wrestlers making their entrance. Always disappointed when the new Rumble sets not like that That was the old MSG. Pretty unique setting. You'll not see that again. The NY cab was genius.
Snitsky's back acne Posted September 9, 2015 Posted September 9, 2015 They had a match! How have one missed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhjWr9nFvK8 Am I the only one who thinks that, while FAR from great, this match was actually much better than it had any right to be considering the two wrestlers involved?
Paid Members ElCece Posted September 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2015 I'd like to see them do SummerSlam outdoors every year. I think that would really add to that particular show's aura. I really like this idea. Would give it a unique feel.
pgi86 Posted September 9, 2015 Posted September 9, 2015 They had a match! How have one missed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhjWr9nFvK8 Am I the only one who thinks that, while FAR from great, this match was actually much better than it had any right to be considering the two wrestlers involved? No, you're not. I thought so too the first time I saw it. That said, this is the edited TV version. The full match was twice as long and surely the worst stuff was cut out for the TV broadcast.
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted September 10, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 10, 2015 https://m.imgur.com/a/S0ThO Kelly Kelly didn't wear much to her hen do, Christ her fiance is a bastard. Bonus twerking gif http://gfycat.com/AncientSpitefulGermanshepherd Sorry I'm not normally a diva weirdo, it's just Kelly Kelly. Now where's my gun and bag of faeces? I'm off to the Performance Center.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted September 10, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 10, 2015 Rotten. She can't twerk for shit, especially with her boney non-arse.
Vegeta Posted September 10, 2015 Posted September 10, 2015 Haha that looks like an interesting hen party, bet people serving drinks got a few eye fulls.
DJM Posted September 16, 2015 Posted September 16, 2015 New Day and Team BAD are having a little fun on Twitter:
Paid Members Nick James Posted September 16, 2015 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2015 Big E is the man. Best part of a fantastic trio.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.