Direct Impact Posted August 16, 2015 Posted August 16, 2015 I'm guessing it was supposed to be a piss take now after watching that back?
TheShowOff Posted August 16, 2015 Posted August 16, 2015 I'm guessing it was supposed to be a piss take now after watching that back? Really, you think?
Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 16, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2015 I'm guessing it was supposed to be a piss take now after watching that back?Bloody Nora.
freaky Posted August 16, 2015 Posted August 16, 2015 Lovely piece of work. Watching that also made me remember how sweet Bret's piledriver was.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted August 17, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2015 http://9gag.com/gag/aynMG6W
Paid Members DCW Posted August 17, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2015 I'll ask Bret on twitter....since he was 'so'involved in the developmentBet someone told him it's the best game they ever played.Yeah didn't they do a piece on TV were Bret said he created the game. I seem to recall him attending a meeting about the game in his wrestling attire and a tie? It was on the end of the In Your House 4 VHS along with some cheat codes and how to do some of the special moves. I seem to recall him driving a forklift around at the start of it for reasons imstill yet to understand nearly 20 years later Yup and it was cheesy as shit - still is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdIGG36GgU That's quality, I've never seen Bret not be serious before. Linda McMahon's theme as the background music too!
Paid Members Nick Soapdish Posted August 17, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2015 I'll ask Bret on twitter....since he was 'so'involved in the developmentBet someone told him it's the best game they ever played. Yeah didn't they do a piece on TV were Bret said he created the game. I seem to recall him attending a meeting about the game in his wrestling attire and a tie? It was on the end of the In Your House 4 VHS along with some cheat codes and how to do some of the special moves. I seem to recall him driving a forklift around at the start of it for reasons imstill yet to understand nearly 20 years later Yup and it was cheesy as shit - still is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdIGG36GgU That's quality, I've never seen Bret not be serious before. Linda McMahon's theme as the background music too! Linda's Theme AKA Wrestlemania
nowinengland Posted August 18, 2015 Posted August 18, 2015 Sabu vs. Terry Funk WWF RAW Sega Megadrive Parody Legion of Doom ride into Wembley
The British Bushwacker Posted August 19, 2015 Posted August 19, 2015 upload img Snitsky vs The Warlord, ol' Warlord still looks in decent shape, must be getting on in years surprising he's never popped up in a nostalgia type segment
Porkchopcash Posted August 19, 2015 Posted August 19, 2015 What a great picture. Did Warlord do much post WWF?
The Reverend Posted August 19, 2015 Posted August 19, 2015 He's only 53. It's crazy to think when you watch back the Powers of Pain in their WWF heyday that he was only 26/27 years of age!! I think he seriously messed up his shoulder or neck in a car accident and that's why he retired. IIRC he then worked as a celeb minder including working for 50cent
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted August 19, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 19, 2015 He's one of the soundest wrestlers I've ever met, genuinely seems very happy to meet fans. Pictures don't do justice to his mass, his arms are fucking crackers. After the steroid trial did he go straight to Indies and then retire early? I'm surprised he didn't join barbs in wcw thinking back. Also yes his was a minder / bodyguard for 50 cent. Short term lease though.
Reznor Posted August 19, 2015 Posted August 19, 2015 After the steroid trial did he go straight to Indies and then retire early? I'm surprised he didn't join barbs in wcw thinking back.He did, they had a (very) short lived run in the mid 90s - someone thought it better not to acknowledge their history and threw them under generic masks. I remember they were supposed to have had a match on one of those silly indies a few years ago vs Marty and the Kid, I couldn't help thinking what an amazing match that would've been in '93, bearing in mind that one of the Rockers best matches imo (and one which seems to fly under radar) was at MSG vs the Powers of Pain. The Warlord was one of those Internet Wanker Community hate figures back in the day, along with the likes of Crush, Hakushi, Mutah in gimmick, pretty much any fat guy who wasn't Vader etc etc. Truth is though, like the others, he was always pretty decent. He was a bit 2 dimensional for sure, but that's how wrestling was, and he was perfect in his role. All the Bulldog matches are testament to that.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted August 19, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 19, 2015 Wasn't Warlord in AAA back in the mid-90s? I remember him seconding Jake Roberts during his feud with Konnan. I also remember Davey Boy Smith doing a Torch Talk, and mentions Warlord as one of his best mates. Sadly the Warlord is Vince McMahon's go to term when he mentions "steroid freaks dont get over, look at the Warlord." Big-Dub was also a big star in Indian it seems. Check this shit out. Should have got him for Ring Ka King. I imagine it was in tribute to this: GIANT WARLORD HASBRO!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.