The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Not a nostalgia thing in my view, they used to put so much effort into their set designs. They might not have always included a big fuck off ramp, but they stood out and matched the theming of he PPV.

I LOVED the Backlash set designs, with those metal claw things hanging.

I liked for the Royal Rumble, I'm pretty sure it was 2000, the one where Rikishi is teased to win. Where you had a front-on view of the ring and the wrestlers making their entrance. Always disappointed when the new Rumble sets not like that

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I miss the unique sets. The aesthetics of the big shows are a big part of it for me. I'm sure it's the case for others too. You have to wonder, realistically, whether it's enough people to make it worth it. They've obviously settled on a set they can take everywhere, know how many people it takes to put up, how long, everyone knows their job, etc. It's highly efficient and they can customise big parts of it. Most of all, it's bought and paid for so there's no overhead per show.

It's sensible and unless it's putting off any potential customers, which I doubt, it's the right thing to do.

I'd like to see them do SummerSlam outdoors every year. I think that would really add to that particular show's aura.

I liked for the Royal Rumble, I'm pretty sure it was 2000, the one where Rikishi is teased to win. Where you had a front-on view of the ring and the wrestlers making their entrance. Always disappointed when the new Rumble sets not like that

IIRC, isnt that more down to the setup of MSG? Mania X had the same entrance set up...

Edit: And S.Series 02, always remember Steiner marching down to beat Nowinski and Matt.

Edited by BullyRayStoleMyKitKat