The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Ea7euKUU0AARyid?format=jpg&name=900x900

Love that even though Ali is 6ft2 and Hogan is 6ft6 ish, they still have them both stood on a box to make them look even bigger! Classic Vince McMahon.. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure this is quite on topic but my Grandad passed recently and while going through a box of old photos found this one of him that I never knew existed and it couldn't have made me any happier.

Maybe something's gone over my head, but that's also a fake.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

What's with Hogan's right hand? Absolutely no bicep tensing going on there.

I'm guessing from everyone else's eyeline, that this is a reporter/behind the scenes shot either before or after the official one.

Literally seconds before by the looks of things.

44007537802_bfdd37c30e_b.jpg

• Paid Members

Having seen WWA mentioned in another thread and realising I’d never seen any of it, I checked YouTube. 

4 minutes in and this happened.

EC45C74D-8D73-466F-89DF-DAAB8DE17883.png

Edited by scratchdj
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It wasn't unusual for WWF guys to be working limited outside bookings at that time anyway - it's not just Bret that worked that show; Mankind wrestled Sabu earlier on the card, WWF talent worked the Brian Pillman Memorial Show the following two years, and WWF guys regularly worked USWA in '96/'97. 

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It wasn't unusual for WWF guys to be working limited outside bookings at that time anyway - it's not just Bret that worked that show; Mankind wrestled Sabu earlier on the card, WWF talent worked the Brian Pillman Memorial Show the following two years, and WWF guys regularly worked USWA in '96/'97. 

Exactly, different time. Also, I'd imagine there was a lot of respect there with it being Funk's 'retirement' show, too. 

It's such a weird and fun card. I've seen stuff like the Bret/Funk match and Dory Jr./RVD but it'd be nice to see it all. I know there are DVD versions out and about but it'd be a good addition to the WWE Network one day (the Bret/Funk match is already there as a Hidden Gem so I'm assuming they'd have the rights).