Dr.PeterVenkman Posted July 31, 2015 Posted July 31, 2015 See if somebody told me in 1997 that pic was Michael Hayes, I'd never have believed them. He must've hit it hard around then as he aged about 15 years by the time he managed the Hardy's two years later
forestblue Posted August 9, 2015 Posted August 9, 2015 So I went a little OTT when it came to paintings for my new apartment. They're not all wrestling related but I think you may appreciate the ones that are. Apologies, it's a link to a facebook album. I have no idea how to embed them at a decent size on here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150531187749986.1073741839.513879985&type=1&l=fc6e2df523
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 9, 2015 So I went a little OTT when it came to paintings for my new apartment. They're not all wrestling related but I think you may appreciate the ones that are. Apologies, it's a link to a facebook album. I have no idea how to embed them at a decent size on here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150531187749986.1073741839.513879985&type=1&l=fc6e2df523 Clough and Taylor is ace. The teacher is a bit weird! The Davey Boy one isn't great, as mentioned but the rest are fantastic. Great job. You live in Vietnam or just visited?
TheShowOff Posted August 9, 2015 Posted August 9, 2015 So I went a little OTT when it came to paintings for my new apartment. They're not all wrestling related but I think you may appreciate the ones that are. Apologies, it's a link to a facebook album. I have no idea how to embed them at a decent size on here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150531187749986.1073741839.513879985&type=1&l=fc6e2df523 Holy shit These are amazing.
Paid Members garynysmon Posted August 9, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 9, 2015 Add me to the admirers of Clough and Taylor (both the painting and the duo, when it comes to that). Some fantastic stuff there.
forestblue Posted August 10, 2015 Posted August 10, 2015 So I went a little OTT when it came to paintings for my new apartment. They're not all wrestling related but I think you may appreciate the ones that are. Apologies, it's a link to a facebook album. I have no idea how to embed them at a decent size on here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150531187749986.1073741839.513879985&type=1&l=fc6e2df523 Clough and Taylor is ace. The teacher is a bit weird! The Davey Boy one isn't great, as mentioned but the rest are fantastic. Great job. You live in Vietnam or just visited? To be fair, the original photo of Owen and Bulldog has Davey looking rather dim witty and cross eyed, the painting is actually one of my favourites. The Warrior painting is the one I'm in awe of - truly remarkable detail, even as far as the sweat glimmering off his chest. The Bret Hart painting is the one I'm most disappointed with. Although it's life like, it's too dark and looks out of place amongst the others. And, come on, how can you not love Mr. G!?!? Get watching some Summer Heights High, fantastic comedy. I've lived in Vietnam (Saigon) for the past six-years; it's pretty much home now. The paintings are ridiculously cheap, ranging from around £20 - £30. Are they completely hand painted?? Hand painted, yes. The trick is that they print the picture to the canvas first then do a paint by numbers kinda job. Regardless, the finished product is fantastic. I'm always amazed by the range of detail one can produce with a brush and three primary colours!
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted August 10, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2015 CM Punk not having many good nights sleep these days.
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 10, 2015 Posted August 10, 2015 I've noticed that myself recently. There was a sweet spot of a few months after he left WWE where he looked healthy and happy. Now, he looks knackered again. Reading between the lines, it seems as if progress hasn't been as fast as they hoped; he even said recently he was up to 4 sessions a day. He's trying to cram a lifetimes worth of learning into a year, and it looks to be catching up with him.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 10, 2015 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2015 Fucking hell he looks rough. Looks about 10 years older than he did last time I saw him. He's nearly 40 and has more injuries than most ever will, on top of not being a natural athlete...he needs to throw in the towel.
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 10, 2015 Posted August 10, 2015 I mean, he's 36. He's mid-30s. For an athlete, or wannabe athlete, there's a world of difference between 36 and, say, 39. His bigger issue is playing catch-up. Fighters do 3-a-day workouts during a 12 week camp and then fuck off hunting or whatever for 6 weeks, before slowly building back up and repeating the process. He's been doing 3-a-day and 4-a-day weeks for 7 months. That's the real problem. He could be 36, 39 or 26.. He'd still be fucking knackered.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.