NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

My issue with the Wargames matches are that they have already had to do some of their spots whilst waiting for the actual match to start. So anything that happens before the last man enters I’d redundant. If it was elimination before, it means there could be an unevenness which would at least be more interesting

2 minutes ago, Philjax said:

Kinda unusual they would show Britt Baker on camera and acknowledge her no?

Think it's more of a weird superiority complex thing than any other aspect, to be honest. Even moreso considering they acknowledged her by name.

"Look at that! A wrestler from OUR RIVAL COMPANY coming to see how REAL sports entertainment should look like!"

Edited by AdamTH17

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

During high school, on the last day of term, we were allowed to bring in a PlayStation and goof around for a couple of lessons. On one such occasion, my mates brought in a copy of Smackdown vs. Raw and had a Triple Threat match that went on for so long, each guy constantly breaking up the pin attempts, that it lasted practically the whole of the English lesson and everyone else was furious they didn't get a go.

SmackDown vs Raw, are you sure? I thought you were the same age as all the other proper members (mid-thirties to early forties).

Just now, Philjax said:

Kinda unusual they would show Britt Baker on camera and acknowledge her no?

HHH addressed it in his post-show Press Conference.  According to him it was nothing more than a strange coincidence as the director in the truck told the cameraman to get a shot of someone looking shocked in the crowd and he ended up focusing on Britt.  Ranallo was then told to address who she was so things didn't look funny with them doing that and not acknowledging her.

• Paid Members

Why was she sat in the crowd anyway if she didn’t want to be spotted? She’s good friends with a lot of the NXT talent so surely it would have been possible to watch backstage? Seems either a bit petty from NXT to show her on camera or a bit sloppy from her to be in a position to be spotted in the crowd the rival promotion. Supporting a partner or not.

56 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Why was she sat in the crowd anyway if she didn’t want to be spotted? She’s good friends with a lot of the NXT talent so surely it would have been possible to watch backstage? Seems either a bit petty from NXT to show her on camera or a bit sloppy from her to be in a position to be spotted in the crowd the rival promotion. Supporting a partner or not.

She’s been there before and shown on camera. It seems the only people that care are fans that want to make a big deal out of something so trivial. 

Rhea Ripley had a standout week really, didn't she?  She and Keith Lee have broken through as legit stars now.

In fact, that's my takeaway from the whole last couple of weeks.  NXT has legitimately broken through as a proper third brand, its stars are treated on a par with those on the other shows.  In fact, you could argue it has the hottest roster in WWE right now.  The presentation of the NXT wrestlers was so much cooler than the other brands, generally.

And Survivor series, being a 3 way thing, now has that frisson that they always wanted, where the clash of stars from different brands feels really exciting.  They need to now keep everyone separate again until at least the Rumble.

8 hours ago, Loki said:

Rhea Ripley had a standout week really, didn't she?  She and Keith Lee have broken through as legit stars now.

In fact, that's my takeaway from the whole last couple of weeks.  NXT has legitimately broken through as a proper third brand, its stars are treated on a par with those on the other shows.  In fact, you could argue it has the hottest roster in WWE right now.  The presentation of the NXT wrestlers was so much cooler than the other brands, generally.

And Survivor series, being a 3 way thing, now has that frisson that they always wanted, where the clash of stars from different brands feels really exciting.  They need to now keep everyone separate again until at least the Rumble.

Knowing WWE, The Royal Rumble will probably have a NXT rumble on the show now, and Wrestlemania will have the three NXT titles defended.