NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

48 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Noticed the next NXT takeover is in Feb, which I presume means there isnt one on Wrestlemania weekend.

Imagine if they try and put NXT matches on the Mania card now they are officially a third brand.

We'll need 3 weeks to watch it.

I wouldn’t be against them having a couple of title matches at Wrestlemania, one on the preshow and one on the main card could work well assuming both are built up well on TV.

No more than that though because Wrestlemania lasts long enough without doing individual matches for all 4 NXT titles. I’m never making the mistake of watch Wrestlemania in one go ever again. WM36 will be getting split over 2 or 3 sittings

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Noticed the next NXT takeover is in Feb, which I presume means there isnt one on Wrestlemania weekend.

Imagine if they try and put NXT matches on the Mania card now they are officially a third brand.

There is, they’re already selling tickets for it.

11 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

As others have said, there will be nxt takeover Tampa Mania weekend  (they’d be mad not to, this is their home!) but I suspect they'll skip takeover the rumble weekend.

So feb will be a standalone ppv like the one in June.

First NXT show i've watched in years - the last one being where Kevin Owens attacked Sami Zayn after his match. It was alright, nothing special, but myyyyyyy god that commentary made me wanna switch it off after the first match. Beth is dreadful and seems to stop randomly mid-sentence, and the shouting from Ronallo is it? My godddddd its awful. He shows a lot of enthusiasm but it is absolutely dreadful how OTT he goes. Don't think i can watch another NXT with him on there. Reminded me of the old WWF days with that English twat commentator ruining the shows. 

• Paid Members

I think that was the weakest Takeover in a long time, if not ever. Women's War-Games match was the only one that really did anything for me. Triple Threat match in particular was awful, just all the worst hallmarks of NXT in one match.

I'm normally a bit of an apologist for Mauro, but he was terrible on this show. Not so much even just his usual over-excitement (which I don't mind), or stupid references (his bizarre crowbarred in Baby Yoda joke as the first thing he said), he just did an awful job of putting people over. It felt like he was talking as a "smart" fan, rather than an announcer in kayfabe - he said that Adam Cole had a good November, because he "faced Daniel Bryan on Smackdown", rather than pointing out that he beat Daniel Bryan on Smackdown. He gave Finn Balor the NXT newcomer "he's held titles all over the world, including Japan" spiel, but didn't point out that he was a former WWE Intercontinental Champion, or the first ever Universal Champion - particularly egregious when his whole act is that he's the real star and everyone in NXT is playing around. Even when trying to put Finn over, he talked about him having an 8-1 record at Takeover, then proceeded to explain, at length, what the one loss was - maybe that's not the part you should be focusing on?

If NXT's viewing figures go near the other two shows, then I'd give the bigger share of credit to the dwindling star power of those shows rather than anything NXT is doing. NXT's just trucking along doing it's usual thing. Raw's spent a few years now becoming a longer, more overproduced version of it with Brock Lesnar attached. 

Mauro was shite. I enjoyed the show as a whole,though. 

• Paid Members

During high school, on the last day of term, we were allowed to bring in a PlayStation and goof around for a couple of lessons. On one such occasion, my mates brought in a copy of Smackdown vs. Raw and had a Triple Threat match that went on for so long, each guy constantly breaking up the pin attempts, that it lasted practically the whole of the English lesson and everyone else was furious they didn't get a go.

That was exactly what that Triple Threat match felt like on this show. Went on forever and had at least twenty unnecessary pinfall break ups. You could hear the crowd sort of sigh or gasp with each successive one, saddened that - somehow- this match was still going on. Terrible psychology, whoever came up with that.

LOL at the idea that NXT ratings are going to soon match Raw and Smackdown though. Not unless Raw and Smackdown nosedive. They had to promise the entire fucking roster this week just to edge AEW. There's no way they can do that every week.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

That whole Triple Threat match felt like it was a second or two off, the timing was dreadful. It just drew attention to how often it was two guys waiting around for the next one to make a spot happen. If the timing had been better, it would have flowed, and been a serviceable NXT match, but it was anything but. 

Whoever was producing and chose a camera angle of Killian Dain pinning Priest, clearly watching Pete Dunne on the top rope ready to hit a Moonsault, should get a proper talking to.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

100% would let Rhea Ripley peg me.

That Ciampa/Cole spot was completely irresponsible

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Absolutely no way either can protect themselves there

I believe that the 2nd quote equally applies to both of those sentences.