NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Yeah, not down with the casual dismissal of his mental health problems in this thread.  Considering the number of us on here who have suffered at various times you think there'd be a bit more understanding of his debilitating condition on here.

Someone working in entertainment can’t be exempt from criticism just because they have mental health issues though. When I have a shit gig, I don’t expect people to pretend it was good just because I’m on sertraline.

14 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Someone working in entertainment can’t be exempt from criticism just because they have mental health issues though. When I have a shit gig, I don’t expect people to pretend it was good just because I’m on sertraline.

Attempting to humiliate a colleague in public is a bit different from just wanting someone to pretend things are good. There are more reasonable ways of dealing with someone in that situation.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Attempting to humiliate a colleague in public is a bit different from just wanting someone to pretend things are good. There are more reasonable ways of dealing with someone in that situation.

He had a mild dig about the bloke not letting the other two commentators get a word in. I’ve no fondness for Corey Graves at all, but it’s such a weak thing to be outraged about.

On the other hand, it would be funny to see him get the #cancel treatment, so crack on.

• Paid Members

I know they’re obsessed with winning that Wednesday Night War and everything in the company is currently geared towards building up NXT, but still. If I was Vince I’d be really tempted to poach Keith Lee and make him the top babyface on Raw. He’s so great.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

They've gone all in on putting NXT over on Survivor Series and Raw. I doubt they're moving anyone yet. Plus it shits all over the brand split that they're supposedly taking seriously this time.

The NXT number will be very interesting this week. I think of what was advertised ahead of time, AEW looked far more interesting. But NXT was put over huge on TV and PPV this week so you'd expect a ton of curiosity views. They've got to be hoping for 1.2m minimum, surely?

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I know they’re obsessed with winning that Wednesday Night War and everything in the company is currently geared towards building up NXT, but still. If I was Vince I’d be really tempted to poach Keith Lee and make him the top babyface on Raw. He’s so great.

With the greatest of respect intended towards your opinion, what a fucking mess the company is in for even 1 person to suggest that Keith Lee should be positioned as top babyface on RAW.

If Keith Lee moved to Raw now and became the top babyface, then we’d have until about SummerSlam before everyone starts hating him. That’s another year without Samoa Joe getting a go at being the big boy. Keith Lee is old enough that they can’t wait years and years with him, but I’d give Joe a shot at it first.

25 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

If Keith Lee moved to Raw now and became the top babyface, then we’d have until about SummerSlam before everyone starts hating him. That’s another year without Samoa Joe getting a go at being the big boy. Keith Lee is old enough that they can’t wait years and years with him, but I’d give Joe a shot at it first.

Joe vs Keith. Solved