NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Really enjoyed the Cruiserweight title match apart from the finish. The crowd was totally ready for the 3 count coming off the Wing Clipper and would’ve popped huge for it. Instead, Rush kicks out, first person to do so, only to then submit to something 20 seconds later. They didn’t need to go those extra few seconds, it didn’t add anything to what was a really good match and could’ve potentially buggered up a finisher that has been protected up until now.

If the plan is to build to a rematch with Rush referencing that he’s the only guy to kick out of the Wing Clipper, then it might be OK, but if that’s it for them and Garza moves onto a new challenger, then they could’ve shot themselves in the foot.

Having said that, Angel Garza is really coming along, he’s a handsome dude who can go and could become that Latin star that they tried to make in Del Rio

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

You are aware the women main evented Mania this year yeah?

Unfortunately, yes. I’d much sooner forget that shit, but now Ronda has gone and Becky has cooled off beyond belief it seemed impossible to imagine it ever happening again. Then Rhea moved to Full Sail full-time.

Ripley v Baszler is probably the best/biggest women's match the WWE has right now, and that's happening in NXT.  So for Ripley to main event Wrestlemania, they'd really have to somehow arrange Ripley v Rousey.  Which would start with her beating Rousey's mate...

Haven't watched NXT in months but gave this a go. Really enjoyed the Balor-Cole match, but was slightly marred by the camerawork at the end on Finns face waaaaaaaaay too long when it should've been focused on the ramp. The crowd shrieking added to the awkwardness.

Love Rhea Ripley. She's going to be a megastar.

Pretty sure that Nigel said "Revenge is best served" and Mauro replied "AS A CHAIR!" Couldn't be arsed to rewind.

Oh, and I know it's been said on here that he's a nice guy and he helps people with tickets, but I don't care, that Everton shirt lad can get in the bin.
If you continuously wear the same thing to every event (ala that smelly looking green t-shirt/cap man), you are trying to get yourself over and noticed, and detract from the wrestlers so you can fuck off. The sight of him jumping up and down in the ring at the end was enough to put a shit stain on the shine of the finale.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh, and I know it's been said on here that he's a nice guy and he helps people with tickets, but I don't care, that Everton shirt lad can get in the bin.

Come on. Where else is he going to be a crowd member and get some kind of entertainment or pleasure?

• Paid Members

NXT won and will continue to win because they’re presenting simple, logical storylines where they build stars and capitalise on momentum. They’ve got better as the war has gone on, rather than fall down some wanky e-fed rabbit hole.

Can you imagine the shit Rhea Ripley would be doing if she was on the other show? Either not appearing for weeks at a time or pissing about with Brandi Rhodes and losing 50% of her matches.