Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

To be fair Kushida and Kairi Sane had the same gimmicks when they were in Japan

Did Emi Sakura do the Freddie Mercury gimmick in Japan, or is that something she's only started doing in AEW?

That opening match was fantastic. I’d not seen Austin Theory wrestle before and at face value he seems to have a lot of potential.

I also enjoyed the Rush/Lee team, but I think the best way to utilise Lee right now is to move him to Raw or Smackdown. NXT will be just fine without him, and he’d give either show a shot in the arm. 

18 hours ago, RedRooster said:

That opening match was fantastic. I’d not seen Austin Theory wrestle before and at face value he seems to have a lot of potential.

Yeh loads of potential and someone who I can see them bumping up to the upper mid card / main event level in 2020 if the likes of Lee, Dream, Cole et al get the call up post Mania. 

Watching Austin Theory, I was reminded of nothing so much as a young Prototype debuting on Smackdown.  He's got a similar look, build, and a sense of potential.  This is definitely not his final form but he's as impressive a find as I've seen in a while.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Watching Austin Theory, I was reminded of nothing so much as a young Prototype debuting on Smackdown.  He's got a similar look, build, and a sense of potential.  This is definitely not his final form but he's as impressive a find as I've seen in a while.

Except for the no selling of that superplex he took. Got straight back up and had Roddy in a move. 

12 hours ago, Meej81 said:

Except for the no selling of that superplex he took. Got straight back up and had Roddy in a move. 

Everyone does that though nowadays dont they?

I'm going to throw out a wild prediction that Austin Theory will amount to nothing.

Dusty Classic bracket is out. Would love it if they brought Alex Shelley in as a short-term thing to partner Kushida.

Actually, I'd love it if they brought Alex Shelley in permanently.

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My first hope was Shelley too.

So it'll probably be Fandango.

He's out for up to a year after arm surgery. Tyler Breeze seems likely though.

Shelley would be an amazing addition to NXT, possibly a cracking asset for the PC too if he fancied it. 

18 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I can see Barthel and Aichner winning.

I'd be very happy with that, but I can't see past a Riddle/Dunne vs. UE final.

Going to be disappointed when Alex Shelley doesn't turn up now!

Is Alex Shelley signed to ROH long-term? If not, I don't understand why either AEW or NXT haven't gone after him already. He's so great.