NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I was like 'Seriously mate, calm down, you're gonna give yourself an aneurysm!'.

You're a bit late to this party. Search his name on here. I reckon every post about him for the last year is negative!

42 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You're a bit late to this party. Search his name on here. I reckon every post about him for the last year is negative!

Ah, well then I am indeed.

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Last night was one of his more bearable performances.

Seriously!? Wow, then I have no idea how anyone puts up with him the rest of the time.

Mauro bringing up Don Owens and Buddy Rose in the opener was cool. Zoned him out after that.

Enjoyable show, Lee vs Dijack in particular was good. Loved all the classic test of strength stuff, so basic but it just works. Crowd ate it up. 

Broserweights just about got away with the silly titontron shit before their match. All the goofiness washes away when the bell rings. Riddle is the most electric hot tag since Daniel Bryan. KOR vs Riddle is a class pairing.

Switched off before the main event to be honest. Takeover mains jumped the shark a long time ago.  As if Ciampa wasn’t a boring enough face already they stick him with heel Gargano. Christ. Sort it out Trips. Your main event scene is arse.

What’s that clap & backslapping thing that Ciampa’s started doing? And going on about the NXT Title “being his life”, I bet his wife & child are thrilled about.

I wonder if they’re going to try and have the Ciampa/Gargano/Cole Triple Threat that they booked last year before Ciampa had the surgery. But then where does that leave Velveteen Dream? Because I reckon we’re going to get him against Roderick Strong on TV before the next Takeover

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But then where does that leave Velveteen Dream? Because I reckon we’re going to get him against Roderick Strong on TV before the next Takeover

Did they not announce that in the go-home show, for this Wednesday? Or did I imagine that?

Edited by mim731

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Did they not announce that in the go-home show, for this Wednesday? Or did I imagine that?

Haha was in the middle of Replying to say the same thing but you got there before me.

They did it is scheduled for this Wednesday yes

19 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What’s that clap & backslapping thing that Ciampa’s started doing? And going on about the NXT Title “being his life”, I bet his wife & child are thrilled about.

He always did it as a heel, when everyone was booing him he’d just give himself a round of applause and a pat on his back

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I wonder if they’re going to try and have the Ciampa/Gargano/Cole Triple Threat that they booked last year before Ciampa had the surgery. But then where does that leave Velveteen Dream?

Where does that leave Balor as well? Feuding with Lee? Or do they do Balor/Dream?

I'm fine with doing one last round of Gargano vs Ciampa - I haven't watched much NXT in their era, so it's not as overdone for me as it is to regular viewers. They really could do with promoting Undisputed Era after WrestleMania, which leaves a pretty big void on NXT, but they've always been good at replenishing the roster. I'd love to see Velveteen Dream dethrone Cole in Tampa.

The big thing for me - this was possibly the first Takeover I've watched on my own in years - was how atrocious Mauro is. He's so much worse than the white noise commentary on the other shows. I don't remember him being so loud and obnoxious when he did SmackDown.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched NXT properly for months but every time I watch even a clip on Youtube or Reddit, Mauro is stinking up the commentary. He's so unnatural, it's like every thing he says he's wrote down beforehand to purely try and shout over everyone else. "R-E-S-P-E-C-T, THAT IS WHAT THAT BELT MEANS TO NXT" was the one that got me last night.