NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

* Mercedes Martinez looks like she’d be sticky and smell of bins.

in the least creepy possible way I can put this - she's one of the better smelling wrestlers I know.

7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

in the least creepy possible way I can put this - she's one of the better smelling wrestlers I know.

I don’t think there’s ANY way in which you could put that that didn’t sound really creepy.  I have an image of TwoSheds and Sweet Saraya now.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Dream having Roddys wife and kid sprayed onto his tights with Call Me Marina was a brilliant touch as well from someone who's always used his gear to tell as much of a story. 

I believe Ravishing Rick Rude did the same with Jake the Snake’s wife at Wrestlemania V. A great call back!

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator

Bianca Belair was great again this week.

What I enjoy about NXT, and what I think it does better than AEW, is tie a story together over the course of an episode. Usually it's the Undisputed Era they use this for, but it works a treat. Confronting Riddle and Dunne at the start, going searching for Ciampa for the middle section (conveniently never while a match was going on), a brawl, followed by the main event match, ending in Velveteen's return. A full story for the full episode. AEW, for all it does right, has hints of "that's happened. Let's move on. TO THE BACK!" 

I actually quite enjoyed Gargano and Balor's interview. Couldn't have watched it with anyone else in the room but it felt a bit different than if they'd done the same lines face to face in the ring.

Angel Garza is a star.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I'm fully behind the idea of Raw and Smackdown wrestlers invading NXT until the end of time, just so Bianca can shout, "You Don't Even Go Here!"

Bianca Belair and Montez Ford being married, can you even imagine the charisma in that household? Sweet Jesus.

Cameron Grimes continues to really impress me.  He's a bit too young still for the grizzled gimmick (I think I've said this before) but he's absolutely fantastic in the ring.  One to watch for sure.

Loved the Mark Henry promo for Lee/Dijakovic.  Has Henry been coaching Lee?  It feels like it at times, he wrestles much more of a big man style now and it works.

Good episode overall - good matches, some comedy bits, some good promos.  PPV looks excellent.  Is there any way that Belair pulls out the upset and wins the title? Could we get a 3-way at Wrestlemania for the NXT Women's Title?

I'm really hoping for a 3 way NXT title match at Mania. Belair absolutely deserves to be in the picture and they had her put in such a strong showing at the Rumble.

Loved the Henry video package and would really enjoy seeing more old school faces pushing the new school guys.

Ciampa's promo work is absolutely exceptional.

• Paid Members

Pete Dunne and Matt Riddle feels exactly like Kenny Omega and Adam Page. Tag teams that when created felt like short term deals to lead to inevitable heel turns. But then, in both cases, it feels like they’ve stumbled upon greatness and they should keep it going indefinitely.