NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I was sad to see Shelley lose but then Gibson cut that brilliant heel promo afterwards and all was forgiven. Hopefully Gibson moves to the proper NXT brand full-time. He’s a great heel.

Plus, Shelley strikes me as being similar to Samoa Joe. They’ll tell themselves he’s only coming in part-time, or that he’s NXT-exclusive and there’s no long-term plans, but then they’ll quickly realise how great he is and lock him down for good. He’s exactly what KUSHIDA needs, with the ability to carry the promo side of things.

Dunne and Riddle made for a great team, too. Very excited by the idea of them winning the whole thing and then breaking up and feuding with each other. The quicker Dunne turns heel again the better.

Another couple of solid tag matches this week. Nothing spectacular but I always enjoy when they put the focus on tag teams as NXT does it really well.

In fact most of the show can probably be described that way - solid but nothing approaching the top level. A few botches here and there took the steam out of some of the matches really which didn't help.

Shotzi has potential and it's nice to see them building someone new while still managing to push a number of other women too. NXT juggles talent very well most of the time.

They're also doing a good job with their short but sweet video packages. Simple but effective.

Also glad they've pulled the trigger on Keith Lee at the right time, and by winning on his own. I thought that told a good tale and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes in the future.

For a throwaway show, they've done a damn good job of building Worlds Collide this time round. I guess because it's Rumble weekend but still. There's a lot I'm eager to see on that card.

They’ve got a top heel tag team in The Grizzled Young Vets, don’t know much about either of them, I was aware of Gibson prior to NXT UK though and he’s great at getting heat, I think they’ll win the final and the belts at some point, they’ve got a ready made team to take over The Revivals spot.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He can fuck off now, I don’t think he took a second to breath during that main event.

I have been a supporter of him. But I think Beth and Nigel said about 10 things between them in that match, But his last line was the absolute dregs. They need to calm him down

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have been a supporter of him. But I think Beth and Nigel said about 10 things between them in that match, But his last line was the absolute dregs. They need to calm him down

Yep he needs someone to keep him in check. If it's not his force-feeding of pop culture references into every other sentence, it's speaking over Nigel and Beth CONSTANTLY.

He made that Cole/Dijak ladder match fucking unbearable. At one point, Beth starting talking about the guy's history with the ladder match and Mauro just shouted over her, and Beth just gave up.

He needs someone to reign him him. He's like Kenny Omega being let loose AEW. Mauro "Good In Japan" Ranallo.

Edited by Accident Prone

I read somewhere that Amazon Prime’s Premier League coverage allows you watch the match with no commentary, just the stadium noise. I can’t stand the Full Sail audience for the most part, but I would take the option of just hearing them if it meant I didn’t have to listen Ranallo.

Best still would be the option to listen to Ray Rougeau

Edited by WyattSheepMask