Jump to content

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress


NEWM
 Share

Recommended Posts

That opening match was fantastic. I’d not seen Austin Theory wrestle before and at face value he seems to have a lot of potential.

I also enjoyed the Rush/Lee team, but I think the best way to utilise Lee right now is to move him to Raw or Smackdown. NXT will be just fine without him, and he’d give either show a shot in the arm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, RedRooster said:

That opening match was fantastic. I’d not seen Austin Theory wrestle before and at face value he seems to have a lot of potential.

 

Yeh loads of potential and someone who I can see them bumping up to the upper mid card / main event level in 2020 if the likes of Lee, Dream, Cole et al get the call up post Mania. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Austin Theory, I was reminded of nothing so much as a young Prototype debuting on Smackdown.  He's got a similar look, build, and a sense of potential.  This is definitely not his final form but he's as impressive a find as I've seen in a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Watching Austin Theory, I was reminded of nothing so much as a young Prototype debuting on Smackdown.  He's got a similar look, build, and a sense of potential.  This is definitely not his final form but he's as impressive a find as I've seen in a while.

Except for the no selling of that superplex he took. Got straight back up and had Roddy in a move. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My first hope was Shelley too.

So it'll probably be Fandango.

He's out for up to a year after arm surgery. Tyler Breeze seems likely though.

Shelley would be an amazing addition to NXT, possibly a cracking asset for the PC too if he fancied it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's not the most exciting tourney ever, for me.  Too many NXT UK teams.  Kind of shows how denuded the tag division is right now though.

Incidentally, the Awards show they  broadcast yesterday was terrible.  I had no idea who the two male presenters were but fucking hell they were shit.  The big fella in the shorts with the quiff might be the worst WWE backstage talent I've ever seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Loki said:

That's not the most exciting tourney ever, for me.  Too many NXT UK teams.  Kind of shows how denuded the tag division is right now though.

Incidentally, the Awards show they  broadcast yesterday was terrible.  I had no idea who the two male presenters were but fucking hell they were shit.  The big fella in the shorts with the quiff might be the worst WWE backstage talent I've ever seen.

Sam Roberts and Pat McAfee. Roberts’ podcast is perfectly fine, but I’ve never quite understood why WWE like him so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McAfee played in the NFL for 8 years, retired in 2017 and started punditry for Football, he's a huge WWE fan as well so has managed to get himself onto their backstage team as well. I can see Vince getting a kick out of an 8 year NFL veteran choosing wrestling over football post-career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • neil locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...