NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
On 11/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Kairi Sane looked great though, still need to fuck off that horrible entrance music mash up though. Screams half arsed.

Particularly as Sane has binned off the pirate gimmick since turning heel too, so the "yo-ho" music doesn't really make sense anymore 

• Paid Members
On 11/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, The Dart said:

As bad as Mauro is, he's never said something like "45 years ago it was the Rumble in the Jungle, so you could say this is the Showdown in Saudi" like Michael Cole did at Crown Jewel.  He sounded like an absolute goon saying that.

That doesn't even make sense! What a donut.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, BomberPat said:

Even with the soundbites, they feel genuinely him - you get the impression he's shown up with a notebook full of lines he wants to fit in, but they're at least his lines, and that's a step above Michael Cole clearly echoing lines fed to him through his earpiece. And I say that as someone who thinks Michael Cole is low-key one of the best announcers they've ever had.

“Dakota Kai known for her punishing kicks. She can kick harder than a Red Kangaroo, the native of New Zealand where I know there are no Kangaroos, but I wanted to make the reference anyway”

Thats a line that Ranallo saidl last week, he practically admits that he’s talking absolute shite. You  can have as many notebooks of lines you want to cram in as you want, but that sort of shit needs to be called out. I’ll take Cole parroting filtered lines any day

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Nick James said:

Surely Mia Yim being selected over Dakota Kai is leading to a heel turn and Kai being selected by Shayna? 

I always thought her drama-school facial expressions suit a heel more than a face (when I see her acting all I can think of is the video for "Stay" by Shakespeare's Sister), so it probably wouldn't be the worst plan. Might give her a new lease of life too as she's great in the ring but her character always feels lacking. 

What the hell happened in the middle of that Conti/Garrett match? Garrett does the Handspring Elbow, then Conti slowly does a go behind and then the pair of them just sort of walk over to the ropes

Havent seen Tony Nese in months, and he’s still dull as dishwater. Angel Garza on the other hand I really like, but he’s wasted when slumming it with the rest of the 205 Live guys. Ranallo and Beth need to learn the difference between someone’s toes and the head of their foot

The OC turning up was great, and the increased NXT presence on the main TV has been mainly good so far, but you’ve got to think that normal service will resume the second Survivor Series is finished

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah the Kai heel turn was great. Like Ciampa it was predictable but that didn’t take away how well it was executed. Both War Games matches were fun. Glad it was Kevin Owens as the fourth man and not the heavily rumoured Triple H. And people were also speculating on John Morrison returning which would’ve deflated it a bit. Best ROH main event in a long time. 

Didn't even notice Nigel on commentary last night as Beth and Mauro were just so awful. Mauro is headache inducing. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

"Holy bleep!" has to be one of the worst calls in the history of wrestling.

He did what he always did as well when the criticism came in too and deleted/hid his Twitter. No doubt he’ll play the mental health card soon again too.