NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

That is spot on isn't it?  Between NXT, NWA and a bit of AEW there's plenty of really good stuff to keep you entertained.  Raw and Smackdown are just light years behind in terms of watchability.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Loki said:

That is spot on isn't it?  Between NXT, NWA and a bit of AEW there's plenty of really good stuff to keep you entertained.  Raw and Smackdown are just light years behind in terms of watchability.

Yeah. I wasn't watching NXT anyway but very applicable to the other two for me. Five good big-time hours of wrestling a week without even considering those "flagship" shows.

Just got round to watching this weeks show. 

Ciampa/Garza wasn’t great, don’t think they had much chemistry, Garza can fuck off for stealing Taichi’s trouser spot, Ciampa is clearly a star though.

“Danny Burch makes Vinnie Jones look like a Yoga Instructor” whoever came up with that line needs sacking, other then that I enjoy One Twos matches as they’re sprints and tons of fun.

Booking Rhea Ripley as a face is a stupid move but then everyone gets cheered regardless which is becoming a bit off putting when watching NXT.

After waiting months for the Lee/Dijakovic rematch they’ve had 3 more in what? the last 3 weeks? 

They're blowing their load on all these title matches they’re booking every week, they won’t have anything left to book once Takeover comes around.  How long does Finn have left on his contract? I could imagine he asked to be moved to NXT as he’d be happy there and then could move on once his contract is up

43 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They're blowing their load on all these title matches they’re booking every week, they won’t have anything left to book once Takeover comes around.  

While the first few weeks on TV were pretty stacked, I'd argue that things are more settled now and it's fine to have title matches as long as they're not all being defended every week.

• Awards Moderator

The women's division is the high point of NXT at the moment. I know we shouldn't really compare but Shirai, Ripley, Baszler, Belair and LeRae are all leagues ahead of any of the women I've seen on AEW. Shirai in particular has been fantastic since she found a character beyond "is from Japan". Really strong division and I'd happily watch any combination of those five against each other.

Angry William Regal was a highlight this week. He's so good. I wonder if we'll get any scenes of him and Drake Maverick together now that NXT and 205 have merged.

As for Ciampa... I have to admit I was uncomfortable watching him. I couldn't forget the fact he had major, major neck surgery, and just have these worries that if he was supposed to be out for over a year, and has come back in seven months... should he have come back in seven months? Then he's doing backward rolls on the floor and getting kicked in the head and... I don't know, a badly injured neck and the NXT style just don't seem to mesh happily for me.

There was also that weird bit where he did moves on Garza's trouser things, which unless I'm mistaken were the colours of the Mexican flag. Came across a bit Trumpy to me. Imagine if someone had done that with the stars and stripes?

Marcel Barthel is wonderful.

• Paid Members

I really, really love Imperium. The whole presentation of that package is great, from that incredible classical theme, to the militaristic look of the crew and their mannerisms. For me, they're the best new faction to come along in wrestling for a long time. Perfect way to build WALTER as a proper threat.

• Paid Members

Priest has a good look. Glad they are booking him strong, he could be a big player for them. Dunne I don't like so much. It looks like he's finally working out harder now (after being under contract for over two years and still having a gut on him) but he'll always be undersized for the style and gimmick he's trying to get over. No amount of gurning will convince me that he's a bruiser, especially not against bigger guys like Priest. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Imperium is having killer matches for a while now. 

Loved Keith Lee vs Dijakovic until Dijakovic Climbed on the top rope on Lee’s shoulders like a remote controlled Robot and got perfectly seated for a Top-rope Powerbomb. Looked stupidly fake. Such a shame. 

I liked the show.

NXT setup does like a Total Indy though compared to AEW’s arena’s...

Edited by LWOLeN

Imperium needs to sack off the trackie bums.  When they wear their proper gear they look the business.  The sweats, not so much.

Io Shirai's "wrong hole" look over her shoulder in her entrance is the best thing in wrestling today.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Mauro Ranallo has blocked me on Twitter because I said his “Dunne likes Finger food so long as it’s Vegan” was a bit shit and irrelevant to Dunne’s character

Even if Pete Dunne's diet was something they wanted to highlight, it's still a shit line and is just another awful sentence in the storied history of Mauro's woeful commentary.