NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’d just figured they were having Cole c Ciampa one-on-one. I’m sure we’ll find out next week

He went to grab the title but then said “that’ll have to wait, we’re going to war”

• Paid Members

Is Takeover confirmed? What with NXT being involved with Survivor Series this year could they put both War Games matches on the card? Otherwise you're building a takeover including those two matches, Dunne and Dain and Gargano vs Balor.

Edit:just seen it is. Maybe one on Takeover, one on Survivor? 

Edited by Shy Dad

42 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He went to grab the title but then said “that’ll have to wait, we’re going to war”

Well this is worrying, I don’t remember that. I probably fell asleep and ad-libbed the end when it came time to turn the TV off

Edited by WyattSheepMask

33 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Edit:just seen it is. Maybe one on Takeover, one on Survivor? 

My understanding was Raw Vs Smackdown Vs NXT matches at Survivor Series 

Which will be interesting to see having them all on the same shows building towards the PPV, if they’re doing champion vs champion matches like they usually do the NXT lot will stand out like sore thumbs, Adam Cole in the same ring as Brock Lesnar? No Ta.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

“Oi was layin’ down for da hottest ting in da business... Da boys in da back are just fans now.” Fucking hell.

Finn Balor is so shite at promos. He said nothing substantial, and he didn’t say it well. I dunno if we’re still in the phase where OMFGHEDIDASHOOT still works on anyone anyway, but Balor hasn’t got the chops for it. What is his character now? Is he at war with the (other) vanilla midgets to prove he’s above them? Is he in NXT because he’s a bigger name there so won’t be booked to “lay down” for anyone? 

It’s almost a shame that Gallows and Anderson are finally catching on on Raw. Finn needs some backup goons (who can talk) more than AJ does.

If this turns into some mental meta thing where he’s like Deadpool and he’s the only character on the roster who knows it’s fixed, fair enough - but even then I’m still not sure Finn Balor would be the right man for the job. Ziggler would be my first choice for that role.

• Paid Members
On 10/31/2019 at 11:33 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

Loved Finn as a heel in Japan, should do some similar work here too, I’m hoping it leads to him having an enforcer at some point like he had Fale.

Is Babatunde still about?

He is, yeah. He had a brief stint doing the Balor/Fale "carried in on the shoulders" entrance with Lio Rush too, so possesses the required balance.

• Paid Members
On 10/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, Accident Prone said:

This is an evergreen statement for whenever Mauro opens his mouth, to be honest. The love he gets online is genuinely confounding.

HE SHOULD BE LIKE AN EVERGREEN TREE... ALL YEAR ROUND HE SHOULD LEAVE!

Ok I really want to give NXT a chance again but fucking hell Ronalo is genuinely unbearable. He's worse than peak heel Michael Cole, I'm only on the Io/Candice match and it's borderline unwatchable because of his cunty commentary.

Oh and Io's headbanging entrance is embarrassingly goofy, band was shit as well. Crowd seemed to it though so what the fuck do I know.

I sincerely apologize for my past defence of Ronalo.

• Paid Members

Catching up on the shows from the last two weeks and thought both were really strong efforts. There's loads of talent on the NXT roster at the moment, if not loads of stars.

Balor's was the best executed turn I've seen in wrestling in a pretty long time. It was a shame I'd spoiled that for myself before watching because I'd have never seen it coming.

• Paid Members

I used to like Mauro. His enthusiasm is infectious and he had a style that is utterly different to Michael Cole and all his clones that they now employ. But fuck me, it's constantly dialled up to 11 and with his billions of pre-prepared lines, it's just as inauthentic as anything else they serve up. I like Beth but she's a long way off being ready to do commentary. McGuiness is more natural, even if what he says is nonsense.

Thought Balor looked great. Delivered his promo well. I'm with Pitcos a bit on the content. Couple of lines where inside for no reason. It'll pop those in the know but he's a heel, what's the point of that? Also the irony of anyone on the roster doing the old "they're all marks in the back" thing these days? Behave. Just focus on the fact that he's a superstar and have him carry himself like one.

• Paid Members

I don't watch enough NXT to be frustrated by Mauro, so still tend to find his enthusiasm outweighs the annoying soundbites.

Even with the soundbites, they feel genuinely him - you get the impression he's shown up with a notebook full of lines he wants to fit in, but they're at least his lines, and that's a step above Michael Cole clearly echoing lines fed to him through his earpiece. And I say that as someone who thinks Michael Cole is low-key one of the best announcers they've ever had.

Nigel can be a lot worse than Mauro when it comes to one-liners and catchphrases, as most of his don't even make any sense. 

• Paid Members

That's the common defense that I often hear about Mauro; "Oh he's better than Cole and/or Graves though!". But if you're not watching RAW, Smackdown or the PPVs, and Mauro's commentary is still God awful when you tune into NXT once a week, then it falls at the first hurdle.