NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Fucking Canadian Destroyer off the top rope and not only does the guy kick out but it’s in a nothing match on free TV. Oh dear.

The kickout was mightily annoying, but it's hardly a 'nothing match' and the free TV defense doesn't hold much water these days considering the stuff that happens on RAW and Smackdown on a weekly basis.

It was an okay episode; Lee/Dijak was good fun, Mendoza/Grimes was a great showcase for Mendoza and there's some decent build for next week.

Everything else was just okay, some of it bordered on bad. Why the fuck have they got Matt fucking Riddle in street fights with Dain is anyone's guess but he's getting the title shot so I can't complain with the finish. Matt catching the Singapore cane on the rebound is going to do the rounds on social media.

Like @Supremo I was quite excited for KUSHIDA's mystery partners. The anticipation was heightened when Kushy came out first, followed by Imperium, to really build that hype. Then the lights went blue and red, and an unrecognizable theme played and I jumped straight up. "IT'S ALEX FUCKING SHELLY!! AND SABIN HAS TO BE WITH HIM!" only for fucking Tyler bastard Breeze and FanfuckingDango to walk out. What a wankfest. 

I'll be giving the live show next week a shot, but this two-hour version of NXT isn't doing much for me and it'll probably be the Wednesday night show I catch later on, if I can even be bothered at all.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Seen two posts now referencing Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin as the mystery partners, why on earth would people think it would be them?

Or have I missed something?

Chris Sabin taught at the performance centre back in July. So I guess people are reaching with that. 

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'll be giving the live show next week a shot, but this two-hour version of NXT isn't doing much for me and it'll probably be the Wednesday night show I catch later on, if I can even be bothered at all.

Out of interest, did it do it for you in a 1 hour format?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Out of interest, did it do it for you in a 1 hour format?

I passed on regularly watching NXT's weekly show somewhere between Gargano/Ciampa 2 and Gargano/Ciampa 3. The show just wasn't doing it for me anymore, which is ironic considering they've got a decent 45 minute show in that new 90 minute block.

40 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Seen two posts now referencing Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin as the mystery partners, why on earth would people think it would be them?

Or have I missed something?

Kushida teamed with both of them in New Japan.

I was assuming the mystery partners would be Bate and Seven due to their history with Imperium, so to see Breezango coming out had me scratching my head more. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Fun match though, the 6 man.  I know Walter is meant to be the big bad, but he's in some danger of being out-Nazi'd by Bartel, who really looks the part and seems like a very hard hitter.

It's to be expected that the 2nd hour is less star-filled than the first - kind of a Nitro/Thunder taping situation.  If you don't have WWE Network, you don't miss anything vital.  Makes complete sense to me, even though it is a bit odd if you watch the whole thing back to back.

Matches like Lee v Dijakovic are going to be where NXT has one over AEW - that's a proper hoss match, and NXT has plenty of hosses which I like.

Edited by Loki

Second week and the USA Show apparently had just over 1million viewers. A slight drop-off from Week 1, but still a good number. Interesting to see how that do with the full show being on USA and at the same time as AEW.

I’ve been watching the full versions once it goes on the network, and there is a noticeable difference between when the USA portion ends and the network section begins, but the show itself is still perfectly fine.

Happy to see Dakota Kai back, she’s so lovely :wub:.

Only drawbacks were that Everton-Guy found his way back to the hardcam side, and a Top Rope Canadian Destroyer got a 2, fuck that shit. Oh, and Nigel. “Let’s find out who The Japanese Lightbulb has as his partners”, The Japanese Lightbulb!? Fuck off Nigel 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I felt bad for Dakota Kai. The way she was tearing up during her entrance, it's clear this means a lot to her and she has a real passion for it. It's just a shame that what followed was a pretty crap match.

"Limited commercial breaks," next week, eh? It didn't take them long to get back into the war mentality. That lineup for next week is like a Takeover lineup, too!