NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

I'm expecting some sort of merger with the two of them soon, even if 205 stays as the post-SmackDown show. Angel Garza and Danny Burch were both on 205 this week, and last week's NXT had a Cruiserweight Title #1 Contender match. There's been greater integration of NXT and UK talents too, with Ripley, Dunne and Imperium all showing up on NXT proper, so while I can't see them getting rid of the UK show I can imagine NXT USA borrowing the top guys whenever possible (it's not like NXT UK's schedule is particularly punishing).

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

My crap memory. It’s just come out that from next week, NXT U.K. is moving to Thursdays

I thought it was already on Thursdays! I’ve been watching it on a Thursday night after NXT... has it been on a different night the whole time?

• Paid Members

For the second straight week it felt like an upside-down or back-to-front show, where all the best stuff was during the first hour and then the second hour deteriorated into the usual NXT patter of OK matches you don't really need to pay attention to and not much going on in terms of excitement. I'm guessing things will change next week, with the whole show being on the USA Network, but still. It made for a weird viewing experience when a show gets less fun the longer it goes on. Once it became apparent Kushida's six-man tag was main eventing I started getting excited, trying to imagine what big tag team they were going to bring in or debut from the main roster. Putting them on last, I was half expecting the Motor City Machine Guns or something. But then it was just the Fashion Police. What a disappointment.

Just got back from the show...enjoyed the first hour v much, Keith lee v dijak was heaps of fun and legs to riddle chasing the belt. Didn’t follow much of the second hour though.

was hanging out at the ale house afterwards and triple h stopped in to say hello which was a nice gesture. I believe theres footage on the network and I’ll be signing headshots for $5.

6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I thought it was already on Thursdays! I’ve been watching it on a Thursday night after NXT... has it been on a different night the whole time?

Its always had its first network showing at 8pm (uk time) on a Wednesday.