NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He still wears the trench coat, it’s his ring gear, I don’t mind the tracky look, they’re a bunch of foreigners who probably meet up on the weekend to watch Rapid Vienna in the Austrian league, I’d rather that then Undisputed Era who come to the ring in matching vests and in their pants. 

Yep, they all share the same vision for non-gimmicky pro wrestling and they are constantly training with each other. The tracksuits make sense.

Also, the big coat that WALTER wears for his big matches is the hypocritical point of contention in his excellent 'bad guy' character. The best bad guys are the one's with whom you 95% agree with their philosophy, motives and/or ideology, but that remaining 5% is what makes you hate the guy.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Last time I saw Walter he was wearing a trenchcoat with Nazi overtones and looked like a badass.  Now he's wearing his tracky bums with his mates, they look like a National League coaching squad.  Awful look, just awful.

Even worse, he was wearing pumps.

Huge primary-school-PE-lesson-non-marking-soles pumps.

Where he procured them him in his size is anyone’s guess.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Sonny Mustang said:

Even worse, he was wearing pumps.

Huge primary-school-PE-lesson-non-marking-soles pumps.

Where he procured them him in his size is anyone’s guess.

Take it he’s still knocking about on TV in his Vans then. This struck a chord with me when watching the build up to his match Vs. Tyler Bate. It bugged me he’s wearing fashion / skate trainers rather than a proper sports training shoe, considering the matte is hellig or whatever it is. 

I hate his puns. 

“Always gotta proteck ya neck when Mia Yim is around”

”MAMMMMMA MIAAAAA YIM”

I used to like his commentary but then after the Takeover back in June he just really annoyed me with his constant shouting, he’s really gone into overdrive since then. 

I mentioned it not long ago (might even be in this thread somewhere) that I used to like him, but looking back it might be that he was just the best of a bad bunch around at the time.

He’s become a parody of himself now though, and seems to try and make an iconic commentary moment on EVERY show. JR has his “good god almighty, it killed him” moment and yeah he had certain catchphrases that he would use constantly. Mauro on the other hand, or whoever is giving him lines (if that’s the case), is trying to force that iconic piece of commentary rather than hit an organic line in the moment

Nigel McGuinness is flat out terrible, and last week basically admitted to having an erection when watching Angel Garza-

Beth Phoenix: “Awkward position for Dunne, all the blood rushing to his head making that impact hurt all the more”

Nigel: “Speaking of blood rushing places, Angel Garza now down to just his trunks”

Mauro has become nails on the blackboard. At least with Cole I can tune him out, Mauro is like what the Street Prophets have become. Everything that comes out of his mouth is TURNED UP TO ELEVEN, ALL THE TIME.

It's grating as fuck.

Him and the Full Sail crowd felt like they could be drawbacks going forward in this format. Although if they do take this on the road and start utilising more of their roster, I think they'll blow AEW away. Nothing can top WWE firing on all cylinders. The matches set for the next few shows already have me more interested than anything AEW have announced for their TV.

Rush vs Lorcan, Dunne vs Ruas and the Women's fourway all delivered. Love seeing Lio Rush back. He simply has it. He's a guy they could have built 205 around and made people actually give a shit. He looked a bit rusty but he could turn into a great babyface. The cruiserweight title is utterly redundant though, especially if they incorporate it into a brand where all the heavyweight champions are vanilla midgets.

Strong vs Dream was a disappointment. Didn't feel like they clicked until the finish and it didn't do much at all to highlight Velveteen Dream to new viewers. 

Cameron Grimes squashing that dude was the perfect response after such a disastrous start for Grimes. He needs to sort his look and character out - have him get more strong wins and see if it falls into place. 

They need to go back to the drawing board with Xia Li. Lord knows why someone so green is doing all that elaborate, overly-choreographed silly bollocks that leaves little room for error. Why not start her off with, you know, the basics?

Popped for Imperium showing up to wreck shop. They'll be a fantastic addition to NXT. Weird way to introduce them, it felt like a last minute hotshot move. WALTER should never lose. Ever.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash