NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

I'm a little bit removed from NXT over the last month so will be binging out shortly prior to summerslam weekend. However I'm visiting family in Chicago Survivor Series Weekend and will get the chance to go to Takeover. Any idea or rough predictions as to what they may build towards for War Games?

Considering it isn’t till late November we won’t have an idea of the card until after the first couple of tapings are done in August/September, obviously they’ll be a War Games match but other then that it’s anyone's guess

My months-and-months-away guess: they've been plugging the 'Adam Cole has promised Undisputed Era will have all the belts in 2019' thing for a while now. I reckon Roderick Strong will get the North American title and Fish/O'Reilly will get the tags, then the four of them will go up against whoever the four top babyfaces are in November in War Games for all the belts. Let's say... Matt Riddle, Velveteen Dream and A Tag Team.

I mean, going to takeover is never a bad experience.

They’re doing double tapings in mid September though, so a quick spoiler google after that will tell you everything you need to know as they will have filmed the take home show.

UKFF is back!

I had various thoughts on this week's episode...

- Enjoyed Riddle vs. Ruas. Riddle's properly settled into his role now I think, but I wish Ruas would just go full Eddy Gordo with his capoeira stuff. Dain felt like a bigger deal in two minutes here than he's been the entire time on the main roster (ditto Apollo Crews later in the show - he must have never had a reaction a tenth that positive on Raw or Smackers).

- Is Mia Yim a babyface. Because this time last year, assaulting a fellow member of the NXT roster in the car park outside and leaving them for dead was A VERY BAD THING. I don't like her.

- Still don't get the fuss about Kushida.

- Interesting that they're now acknowledging the fact they're done fuck all with Keith Lee in a year. Will they break the holding pattern with him soon?

- Street Profits are great. Tag division feels a bit screwed when you remove them from it though.

- This week's Breakout Tournament match was my favourite so far. For the first time is felt like both guys had characters and something you could latch on to. Bronson Australian (clearly named after the kid from Round The Twist) was enjoyable to watch - like a good Bull Dempsey? - and the other guy, whose name I have forgotten, was great. I don't know what his deal is but he clearly has a deal and I want to know more.

- Ryker is way smaller than they want you to think he is. He didn't stand any taller than Tyler Breeze in their segment. Least they could have done was stand him on a box or something.

- Main angle was fine but I can't claim any excitement for another Gargano vs Cole match. I can't see an outcome that works out. Gargano wins and he's just back where he was six months ago, and UE can't fulfil that 'all the belts' promise. Cole wins, and where do you go with Gargano from there? Presuming they still don't want him on the mains.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

So Sam Shaw from TNA, who was playing a Dexter-esque character, is now in NXT named Dexter playing a similar character. Tremendous stuff.

whos the giant black guy ive seen pop up in a few pictures on twitter? 7'3 apparently.

He's still greener than a DX glowstick, but if the rumours about them pairing him with Stokely as a mouthpiece, could be a good classic-style big man. I mean, he makes Drake look like Swoggle

I’m not familiar with what Bronson Reed has done before coming to NXT, and while I didn’t mind what he did in the match, all I could envision was Vince taking one look at him and thinking “yes, we can do Rikishi again!”.

And yes, Mia Yim phsyically assaulted someone in public. That’s fine now apparently.

Rumor has it nxt is moving to one of the fox TV channels in October or there abouts if that's case I wonder what will happen to it on the network will it be  uploaded a month old like raw or smackdown 

I'm loving the Breakout Tournament so far, but why does everything these days have to be for a title opportunity of the winner's choosing?

It's a tournament for new faces, make it for the 'midcard' title. That should be incentive enough for those guys.