NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

NXT resembles a competent wrestling promotion.

Its hilarious that the main roster has gotĀ so rotten that HHH is now seen by the internet asĀ good cop to Vinceā€™s bad cop.

Itā€™dĀ be interesting toĀ see how Trips does when heā€™s stripped of the freedom the wwe networkĀ bringsĀ and is beholden toĀ sponsors and the coperate structure.Ā And fiveĀ fucking hours a week of live tv.Ā The gut tells meĀ things shouldĀ improveĀ as heā€™s at heart, ā€œa wrestling guyā€, but heā€™sĀ got his own booking flaws and Iā€™m sure heā€™ll ram his favourites down your throat just like Vince. Biggest feather in his cap I think is heā€™ll improve the womenā€™s division immediately.Ā 

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I have heard interviews with wrestlers talking about Vince being at gorilla at NXT, Ā heā€™s not as hands off as the new era of Triple H is our saviour crowd Make him out to beĀ 

I'm a little bit removed from NXT over the last month so will be binging out shortly prior to summerslam weekend. However I'm visiting family in Chicago Survivor Series Weekend and will get the chance to go to Takeover. Any idea or rough predictions as to what they may build towards for War Games?

Considering it isnā€™t till late November we wonā€™t have an idea of the card until after the first couple of tapings are done in August/September, obviously theyā€™ll be a War GamesĀ match but other then that itā€™s anyone's guess

• Awards Moderator

My months-and-months-away guess: they've been plugging the 'Adam Cole has promised Undisputed Era will have all the belts in 2019' thing for a while now. I reckon Roderick Strong will get the North American title and Fish/O'Reilly will get the tags, then the four of them will go up against whoever the four top babyfaces are in November in War Games for all the belts. Let's say... Matt Riddle, Velveteen Dream and A Tag Team.

• Awards Moderator

UKFF is back!

I had various thoughts on this week's episode...

Ā - Enjoyed Riddle vs. Ruas. Riddle's properly settled into his role now I think, but I wish Ruas would just go full Eddy Gordo with his capoeira stuff. Dain felt like a bigger deal in two minutes here than he's been the entire time on the main roster (ditto Apollo Crews later in the show - he must have never had a reaction a tenth that positive on Raw or Smackers).

Ā - Is Mia Yim a babyface. Because this time last year, assaulting a fellow member of the NXT roster in the car park outside and leaving them for dead was A VERY BAD THING. I don't like her.

Ā - Still don't get the fuss about Kushida.

Ā - Interesting that they're now acknowledging the fact they're done fuck all with Keith Lee in a year. Will they break the holding pattern with him soon?

Ā - Street Profits are great. Tag division feels a bit screwed when you remove them from it though.

Ā - This week's Breakout Tournament match was my favourite so far. For the first time is felt like both guys hadĀ charactersĀ and something you could latch on to. Bronson Australian (clearly named after the kid fromĀ Round The Twist) was enjoyable to watch - like a good Bull Dempsey? - and the other guy, whose name I have forgotten, was great. I don't know what his deal is but he clearlyĀ hasĀ a deal and I want to know more.

- Ryker is wayĀ smaller than they want you to think he is. He didn't stand any taller than Tyler Breeze in their segment. Least they could have done wasĀ stand him on a box or something.

Ā - Main angle was fine but I can't claim any excitement for another Gargano vs Cole match. I can't see an outcome that works out. Gargano wins and he's just back where he was six months ago, and UE can't fulfil that 'all the belts' promise. Cole wins, and where do you go with Gargano from there? Presuming they still don't want him on the mains.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Iā€™m not familiar with what Bronson Reed has done before coming to NXT, and while I didnā€™t mind what he did in the match, all I could envision was Vince taking one look at him and thinking ā€œyes, we can do Rikishi again!ā€.

And yes, Mia Yim phsyically assaulted someone in public. Thatā€™s fine now apparently.