NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Wow, what a difference and entrance makes. Io's new theme is BANGING. The new look was desperately needed as well, feels like she's out of Kairi's shadow finally.

I'm enjoying the Killian Dain vignettes. Always thought Sanity was a shit, half-baked gimmick that did it's members a disservice. With Wolfe doing good stuff in NXTUK and Cross getting a shot on the main show I only wonder, where the fuck is Eric? 

Damien Priest should get some kind of promo routine going for his entrance, his voice is the most interesting thing about him. I really don't get this guy yet. 

6 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Wow, what a difference and entrance makes. Io's new theme is BANGING. The new look was desperately needed as well, feels like she's out of Kairi's shadow finally.

I'm enjoying the Killian Dain vignettes. Always thought Sanity was a shit, half-baked gimmick that did it's members a disservice. With Wolfe doing good stuff in NXTUK and Cross getting a shot on the main show I only wonder, where the fuck is Eric? 

Damien Priest should get some kind of promo routine going for his entrance, his voice is the most interesting thing about him. I really don't get this guy yet. 

Usually spotted on Raw jogging around the arena with another bunch of chumps.

Io looked fantastic, but they really need to get her a manager or something, her English isn't good enough yet even for the shortest promos.

Tag match was great, that's what NXT is so good at - a week or two's promotion for an upcoming main event, and a good match at the end of it.  Everybody wins.

Damien Priest is awful though - what is this archer of destiny shit?  And he has the most generic finisher ever.

Neither of the two new guys did much for me.  Jordan Myles looks like a good hand, but here's the thing.  I am so bored of "smiley dancing black man" in WWE, it always feels just a little bit racist.  The New Day managed to make the gimmick work and get past it, but everyone from Percy Watson to Rich Swann to No Way Jose, and many more, have come jiggling their way down the ramp and swivelled their hips in the ring.  Even the fucking Street Profits are busting out moves now.

We need some new gimmicks, preferably not predicated on creaking old racial tropes.

NXT is such an easy watch - you can not watch for a few weeks yet still be interested.
It's the little things - video packages/short interviews for new talent [Killian Dain, Boa, Myles], short interviews/promo videos for those not wrestling on the show [Io, Dream, Shayna, Keith Lee]. A short, easy announcement from the shows GM about wwhat is happening next week and why. Hype for who is on next weeks show. Stuff just makes sense. It's uncomplicated and it seems like everyone had a purpose and, as such, mattered.
How can this be the same company that produces Raw and Smackdown!?

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

An hour show on their own Network to a small loyal audience vs multiple hours on different channels. It's just a whole different approach.

I get that but it's basic wrestling stuff  - something that WWE used to be so good at - which would work in any scenario. It's not re-inventing the wheel. You would think with the talent they have available to them they could do something similar over 3 hours. It seems crazy that, in a time when peoples attention spans have never been shorter and there are myriad other things to watch/engage with that WWE would realise 'less is more' [and I don't mean reducing Raw to two hours - although that would help but I understand why they don't/won't do it].