NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The cage match was a bit tasty, wasn't it?  Shayna looks even more badass throwing strikes behind a steel mesh.  One of the more logical cage matches I've seen as well - people trying to escape over the top rather than just going up there for a high spot.  Even Shirai's moonsault was logical, as Shayna was moving towards the door and probably would have beaten her to the floor.  Good use of run-ins as well.  I LOVED the suplex from the top rope, the way they did that looked completely natural which, again, is very unusual.

Shira v Candace will be a good feud.  And I guess Baszler is up against who now though?  She's run through everyone.  Bischoff should sign her to Raw as his first move.

I'm enjoying Keith Lee a lot more in these squashes.  With his frame and size, he should be working a Mark Henry or even Big Daddy style - total domination.  With Killian Dane on the way back, I'd have Lee look unbeatable and then have a proper, longer match against Dane.

Angel Garza is a star, no doubt.  One of the better debuts I've seen.  Mocking the Full Sail Mutants on the outside is a perfect tactic.  He put Low Ki away with style.

They're still pushing Kushida but not given us any reason to really cheer him.  They always just throw these Japanese babyfaces out there and expect the audience to like them based on their work in Japan, but not everyone has seen that.  Also, he's fucking TINY, I can't get past that at the moment.

51 minutes ago, Loki said:

And I guess Baszler is up against who now though? 

I'd assume Dakota Kai will be back soon.  I can't see Baszler losing the title to her though.  Looking at the women's roster on NXT, Mia Yim seems most likely to be the one to beat her for the title.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, Accident Prone said:

uh oh oops GIF

Lol, let the dude say moveset, man. I don't do it either, but there are people who grew up with more exposure to the video games(see: CAWs) than the TV-shows and PPV's. They might sound like Jaden Smth from time to time, but I'm sure they mean well. 

16 hours ago, Whistling Skull said:

Lol, let the dude say moveset, man. I don't do it either, but there are people who grew up with more exposure to the video games(see: CAWs) than the TV-shows and PPV's. They might sound like Jaden Smth from time to time, but I'm sure they mean well. 

I thought my swooning over Garza might have given it away- but trust me, I’m no dude! 

I’ve not played a computer game for at least 20 years, so dunno where I would have picked up such an offensive term - on here, I suspect..

Edited by Sonny Mustang
Grammar

Feels like NXT is gaining some steam again after a lacklustre run.

I'm loving this mini Roddy Strong push. He might be the best worker in the entire company for me. While he'll never be a main eventer, he doesn't need to be, as he's bloody great working as the vet to put over the young upstarts. Awesome little match with Tyler Breeze, maybe the best I've ever seen with Prince Pretty. Can't wait for Strong vs Velveteen. I bet The Dream comes out of it looking a million bucks.

Kushida ain't clicking. He was always gonna struggle, what with him being a. Not tall b. Not English. But it seems like they dropped the ball, especially with those first few even-steven appearances. The crowd was pretty cold for him, it's gonna be tricky booking him as a small submission guy.

Similarly, I didn't like the Mia Yim match. She already feels like a fairly weak challenger to Shayna, so having her struggle against Aliyah made no sense to me. Pretty weak follow up to that nice promo piece on her a couple of weeks back. 

The Bianca Belair squash was the polar opposite. I fucking LOVED this and thought it was the match of the show. In terms of re-establishing Belair as a threat they couldn't have put it together more perfectly. She looked like a complete monster.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

On 7/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Feels like NXT is gaining some steam again after a lacklustre run.

I'm loving this mini Roddy Strong push. He might be the best worker in the entire company for me. While he'll never be a main eventer, he doesn't need to be, as he's bloody great working as the vet to put over the young upstarts. Awesome little match with Tyler Breeze, maybe the best I've ever seen with Prince Pretty. Can't wait for Strong vs Velveteen. I bet The Dream comes out of it looking a million bucks. 

Argee with this.. As for Tyler breeze he has that jobber stink on him don't get me wrong I like him and he's a good worker but it's the super model gimmick it's old  and used up it didn't work for him on the main roster if they were bringing him back to nxt they should have used it as a chance to reinvent him with something new

On 7/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Kushida ain't clicking. He was always gonna struggle, what with him being a. Not tall b. Not English. But it seems like they dropped the ball, especially with those first few even-steven appearances. The crowd was pretty cold for him, it's gonna be tricky booking him as a small submission guy.

I completely agree. He seems solid enough in ring but I’m struggling to see what, if anything, makes him stand out from the crowd. The thing that makes me say ‘ahhh, that’s why they signed him’. 

Edited by RedRooster

Also agreed on Kushida.  It's not his fault particularly, he seems a solid worker, but whatever they thought they saw in him that made him stand out in Japan, is not obvious now. I think they really did him a disservice with their usual "best free agent in the world" schtick when they introduced him.  

That Belair squash was awesome - Bianca channelling Kevin Nash with the power bombs and Snake Eyes.  She continues to improve, and she's already excellent.  She could be one of WWE's biggest female stars if they use her properly (which nowadays is a big "if").

The two new guys didn't really make a big impact either - Scott has charisma and some nice moves, but that's not enough to stand out at the moment.  Grimes has just the worst look - so bland, and man bun does not sell "country strong".  A pass from me on both.

Also, let's start a new thread for next week eh?  AEW has a new thread per show, I think NXT can stretch to a new thread at least   ;)

Absolutely loved that new entrance music and look for Io Shari.

I missed Damian Prirst’s debut so this is the first time seeing him since re-debuting. It’s a better name than Punishment Martinez, but holly fuck does everyone whose a bit shit get the Cross-Rhodes as a finisher?

Been enjoying the Breakout Tournament, the matches have been back & forth allowing for both guys to showcase themselves.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 7/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, Loki said:

Also, let's start a new thread for next week eh?  AEW has a new thread per show, I think NXT can stretch to a new thread at least   ;)

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Absolutely loved that new entrance music and look for Io Shari.

I missed Damian Prirst’s debut so this is the first time seeing him since re-debuting. It’s a better name than Punishment Martinez, but  how fuck does everyone whose a bit get the Cross-Rhodes as a finisher?

Been enjoying the Breakout Tournament, the matches have been back & forth allowing for both guys to showcase themselves.

You cunt  :D