Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Venom

Tom Hardy seriously carried this one, everything else was kind of just there (the Anne scene in the Forrest was pretty cool though) and the main villain was shit. Wouldn't say no to a sequel though.

I was entertained in the end so job done. But I enjoyed Suicide Squad so my standards are pretty questionable.

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Spiderman Far From Home Trailer 3 dropped today and holy shit I'm hyped for it now. WARNING - IT CONTAINS MASSIVE AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS! Not to mention basically gives away way way more of its own plot.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ENDGAME!!

Ā 

• Paid Members

Robert Pattinson is looking likeĀ the new Batman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/

Huge news if finally confirmed, I'm the biggest Batfleck fan out but I'm cool with a new version as long as it's good and Robert definitely wasn't my worst out of the choices that were mentioned.

Battinson. Hope the weirdos don't crucify him befire he has a chance.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

It's certainly an interesting casting. I was hoping that they'd go with the much-rumoured Jon Hamm as a perfect older "Dark Knight Returns" type Batman, but Pattinson is definitely not one I'd have expected, and it could be intriguing, because he doesn't seem eminently suited to the role - even inĀ Twilight, he still seemed very British, despite playing an American and having a solid American accent. Might just have been the pale skin, though.

• Paid Members

I'm approaching this PattisonĀ casting with the same throbbingĀ skepticismĀ that I had about Jared Leto as Joker. I'll have very low expectations.

I'm keen on Hoult, although isn't he tied in with Marvel/Sony/Disney/whatever the fuck?Ā 

• Paid Members

No issue with the casting of Pattinson, if they're going down the young Bruce Wayne route I really don't need to see his mum getting shot again though. Hopefully they jump straight in & just accept that we all know the origin story.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Dead Mike said:

No issue with the casting of Pattinson, if they're going down the young Bruce Wayne route I really don't need to see his mum getting shot again though. Hopefully they jump straight in & just accept that we all know the origin story.

He's in his mid 30s man, pretty standard active Batman age.Ā 

• Moderators

What else has Pattinson been in? Anything worth watching? I have only heard of him in relation to twilight which obviously I will never watch. So I don't feel like I can comment on him. I think Nicholas Hoult is fantastic in everything he does but can't really see him as Bruce Wayne.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Couldn't disagree more. The Batman origin story is not only timeless but the tweaks, themes and minor modifications that each writer weaves into it are what really make it interesting. Some of the all-time best Batman stories are based on Bruce Wayne'sĀ past, dealing with his his issues and eventually finding his outlet.