Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Ben Affleck as Batman is my favourite movie superhero, say what you want about Snyder but his casting of the trinity was amazing. I really hope Cavill comes back as well.

I wish they hadn't suddenly given the project to Matt Reeves TBH. I'm antsy to see Batman on screen again asap cos he's my fave but it's looking more and more like the DC cinematic universe might not change as much as we thought with Aquaman being Huge, Wonder Woman coming back in a film that will no doubt be massive and Suicide Squad (with James Gunn and John Cena!) Looking like it will be more of a sequel than anyone expected.

It would be a shame if Ben is the one big casualty, he definitely wasn't the thing that was stopping DC movies being what Marvel movies are, it was behind the scenes bullshit and constant changes at the slightest negative reaction. Aquaman is one of the most hated superheroes ever but everytime anything negative came up James Wan shot it down, showed a bit of confidence that he was making something good and it made a billion dollars.

• Paid Members

Been meaning to ask for a while: can anyone give me the titles of all the animated DC movies they've done recently? I'm a DC fan, and as such I'm a bit fed up with how shit most of the DCEU titles have been. But a fair few people on here were saying that the animated films were excellent, so I'd like to check those out.

9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Been meaning to ask for a while: can anyone give me the titles of all the animated DC movies they've done recently? I'm a DC fan, and as such I'm a bit fed up with how shit most of the DCEU titles have been. But a fair few people on here were saying that the animated films were excellent, so I'd like to check those out.

Here’s 2018-2019 in order of release.

Scooby Doo and Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Batman: Gotham By Gaslight

Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay

Batman Ninja

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

The Death Of Superman

DC Super Hero Girls: Legends Of Atlantis

Reign Of The Supermen

Justice League Vs The Fatal Five

Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Batman: Hush (Releases on 20th July 2019)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Here’s 2018-2019 in order of release.

Scooby Doo and Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Batman: Gotham By Gaslight

Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay

Batman Ninja

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

The Death Of Superman

DC Super Hero Girls: Legends Of Atlantis

Reign Of The Supermen

Justice League Vs The Fatal Five

Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Batman: Hush (Releases on 20th July 2019)

Thanks very much for that, Zorbs. Appreciated.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Series 4 of Lucifer is the best yet. Loving it.

I'd not seen or heard of it until some point in season 3 but Tom Ellis is brilliant.  Also, I know it always is and has been, but Ms Lopez's t-shirt game is on point.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Sky Movies Cinema are showing DC Animated movies. Justice League :Doom is on tomorrow morning at 0405. It seems to be a mix of older films.

Nice, thanks for that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Sky Movies Cinema are showing DC Animated movies. Justice League :Doom is on tomorrow morning at 0405. It seems to be a mix of older films.

Nice I Loved JL Doom. It gets a bit of a bad rap but I think it's seriously underrated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
20 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Pattinson and Hoult both testing for Batman apparently, not locked in yet.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/the-batman-to-screen-test-r-patz-hoult/

Pattinson has just been confirmed

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-1203230054/

• Paid Members

This new X-Men film looks a bit cack doesn't it? I have seen trailer about 6 times before various films, and I don't think I've met anyone who's excited about it. It's a shame, they were my favourite comic as a kid and I think X-Men 2 is a genuinely excellent film, but the recent ones haven't grabbed me at all.