Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I've booked my End GameĀ ticket for tonight. I'll be going by myself as I'm a sad bastard. I just have to survive today's 8 hour shift (with a hefty amount of work put into the mute setting on Twitter).

I haven't seen Ant Man 2 or Captain Marvel though, so am I going to be a bit lost or is it all easy stuff that I can just read up on?

• Paid Members

I just came out of my early morning screening. After some ugly crying I will say I cannot think of a better pay off then what we got on Endgame. For Marvel fans this is near perfection. For people like Devon this will be hell which gives it an extra star in my eyes. 11/10

• Paid Members

Looks a load of bollocks. I'll cherry pick the flicks I watch in this particular genre these days, but after the last two Avengers flicks, I just felt I was watching a mate play X-Box for hours and I didn't get a shot. Horrible shite.

I just read the spoilers and ruined it for one of me best mates in the WhatsApp group. He left said group and unfriended me on Facebook and Insta.
He took this one hard, but it's warranted. Cunt ruined Memento on me right before I went into the flicks to see it.

Ā 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Looks a load of bollocks. I'll cherry pick the flicks I watch in this particular genre these days, but after the last two Avengers flicks, I just felt I was watching a mate play X-Box for hours and I didn't get a shot. Horrible shite.

I just read the spoilers and ruined it for one of me best mates in the WhatsApp group. He left said group and unfriended me on Facebook and Insta.
He took this one hard, but it's warranted. Cunt ruined Memento on me right before I went into the flicks to see it.

Ā 

Top CuntingĀ šŸ™„

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

You can read up, and should! Ant Man 2 has stuff that hugely impacts the film (but takes a few seconds to read). Captain Marvel, as long as you know who she is that's all you need really.

Bit disappointed that I didn't watch Ant Man 2 after reading up on the plot, as it sounds like marvelous good fun. Ah well, it's a means to an end(game) right now.Ā 

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Bit disappointed that I didn't watch Ant Man 2 after reading up on the plot, as it sounds like marvelous good fun. Ah well, it's a means to an end(game) right now.Ā 

After Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp was refreshing and a nice balance to the sadness in IW

• Paid Members

I've just got home from it and it's really good. It's not quite as impressive a juggling act as Infinity War but is absolutely a fitting conclusion. I'm going to have to see it again soon I think. Absolutely loved the beginning and end.

• Paid Members

Ant-Man & The Wasp is a thoroughly enjoyable film because it's just a fun caper. It's not the whole world at stake, it's a nice step back from all the big goings-on, and it's decently paced.

Also has Hannah John-Kamen in it, who is very nice to look at.

EDIT: BTW, sawĀ Captain MarvelĀ a couple of days ago, and I enjoyed it. However, it felt very formulaic in terms of the plot structure, nothing about it really stood out as it should have for such a major character.

That said, Brie Larson did a bloody good job, the visual aesthetics were excellent, and they did something that DC should've bloody done with Superman - they made it colourful, dynamic, and a gradual "coming out" for one of the most powerful characters in the MCU.Ā 

Also likedĀ 

the use of cross-over with Ronan the Accuser.

Edited by Carbomb