Bellenda Carlisle

Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes and just couldn’t get excited enough. Even though it had Jeff from Coupling and Dawn from The Office. 

Season 2 is much stronger, it's really found its groove but it still wont be for everyone. Plus it's maybe even more like Riverdale now, it has that same slickness although no musical episodes so far... thank god.

Susie's arc seems to be handled really well too, they could have easily messed that up.

I hate the DCEU. I think they have been awful, except Wonder Woman which was ok. 

Shazam however is the best DC film by a country mile and the last time I felt like that over a Superhero film was the first Guardians. Funny, exciting but with heart. Superb casting and was actually funnier then most recent comedies. An absolute treat!

Neither were great but I genuinely enjoyed Hellboy more than Captain Marvel. At least with Hellboy I didn't spend the whole film desperate for it to end to alleviate my boredom.

6 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Neither were great but I genuinely enjoyed Hellboy...

The trailer has machine gun Big Mo in it.  That swung my son wanting to go and see it.

Finished the first season of The Tick and just started season. The difference is huge and I’d almost recommend skipping the first season entirely

On 4/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, johnnyboy said:

The trailer has machine gun Big Mo in it.  That swung my son wanting to go and see it.

Yeah, we should have gone to Shazam which I would gladly have watched again. 

Hellboy was pretty damn bad, easily the worst thing I've seen in the cinema this year so far (I did have to check that Holmes and Watson was seen in 2018 as that would win most years).

A bit like Goldblum and JWFK, what you saw in the trailer of machine gunning Big Mo was what was in the film.  With that said, a solid hour of Big Mo gunning people down couldn't have saved this.  A few daft laughs at swears and a monster with a Scouse accent but that's all you get.  I wasn't a mega fan of the del Toro/Perlman Hellboy movies but they're infinitely better unless there's something in this for fans of the comic books that I just don't see.

If you like gore then there is a ton of that to the point that I was surprised that it was a 15 and the SFX are fairly decent.

Hellboy limped to an opening weekend of just under $13million in the US. It’s yet to open in certain places (France and Spain in May, Hong Kong in June) but it does look like it’s on course to be a massive flop.

Mentioning both Sausage Party and Supernatural isn't a good look.. but I'm still quietly optimistic

I liked the comics a lot. Gutted it looks like Hughie isn't going to be a weegie and I've never watched anything good on Amazon Prime... But I still hope this will be watchable.

Edit Oh shit I've just noticed it's a film and not a series. It won't bear any resemblance to the original in that case anyway.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Decided to start increasing my 4K collection so picked up The Dark Knight Trilogy and Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition.

Films look and sound great.

Watching Rises again for the first time since the year it was released and though I no longer dislike it as much as I did back then, I still believe that it's a massive waste of potential and that is what is so infuriating.

Cut the Talia and League bollocks and simply make it about Batman battling Bane over an isolated Gotham and it could have been a really good comic book movie. Instead it's a bloated mess with some really good scenes and ideas.

45 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Decided to start increasing my 4K collection so picked up The Dark Knight Trilogy and Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition.

Films look and sound great.

Watching Rises again for the first time since the year it was released and though I no longer dislike it as much as I did back then, I still believe that it's a massive waste of potential and that is what is so infuriating.

Cut the Talia and League bollocks and simply make it about Batman battling Bane over an isolated Gotham and it could have been a really good comic book movie. Instead it's a bloated mess with some really good scenes and ideas.

The Ultimate edition of Batman Vs Superman should start at that scene where Batman takes down a load of thugs in that building and stop at the end of that scene.