Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DEF said:

I won't get it watched until next week but The Tick season 2 has dropped on Amazon instant with 10 eps. Love The Tick and season 1 so it's a great surprise for me.

My original UKFF account, and real life nick name of Nick Soapdish was shamelessly stolen from the original animated series

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Sabrina's back on Netflix for it's 2nd season, the first episode's pretty great.

I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes and just couldn’t get excited enough. Even though it had Jeff from Coupling and Dawn from The Office. 

12 hours ago, DEF said:

I won't get it watched until next week but The Tick season 2 has dropped on Amazon instant with 10 eps. Love The Tick and season 1 so it's a great surprise for me.

Soooo...watched this tonight thanks to your tip off, I'm a big fan of the Tick in general but while season 1 was good and I enjoyed it overall it didn't quite have the right vibe for me, as much as it grew into itself by the end of the season. This new season, in one word was incredible. Genuinely loved the depth the supporting cast got this time around, the episode structure was well paced and it showed incredible restraint at times.

Years of serialised TV conditioned me to expect the following

Dot and Overkill to get together at the end

Walter/John to die

Ms Lint to come through for the heroes at the end

Simon Ogg to be a secret turncoat

There were so many opportunities for twists for the sake of it, and I felt they took really none save for the two which set us up for the future (which really I'll be gutted if there isn't) speaking of which they've set plenty up for the next season without leaving any unsatisfying loose threads from this one just for the sake of it.

Even little one note things from season 1 like 'ha ha the boat loves Arthur' had a genuinely satisfying payoff.

Mom gets character depth, tin foil hat guy gets character depth, the boat gets character depth, genuine not forced depth that some shows take multiple seasons and fail to do until they realise they need to make us care and force it all into one episode (looking at you Star Trek Discovery)

Also, as it reaches the end, just to put a point on it, "SPOON!"

On 4/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes and just couldn’t get excited enough. Even though it had Jeff from Coupling and Dawn from The Office. 

Season 2 is much stronger, it's really found its groove but it still wont be for everyone. Plus it's maybe even more like Riverdale now, it has that same slickness although no musical episodes so far... thank god.

Susie's arc seems to be handled really well too, they could have easily messed that up.

• Paid Members

I hate the DCEU. I think they have been awful, except Wonder Woman which was ok. 

Shazam however is the best DC film by a country mile and the last time I felt like that over a Superhero film was the first Guardians. Funny, exciting but with heart. Superb casting and was actually funnier then most recent comedies. An absolute treat!