Bellenda Carlisle

Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

I'd like to see them go back to the vibe of the 60s Batman TV series. Someone like Will Ferrell or that one off The Hangover would make an excellent light hearted Batman. 

Looks like Arrow will be getting only 1 more series, and it is slated to be a 10 episode series.

This means, if I'm right, it will finish

at next year's cross over episode, slated to be Crisis on Infinite Earths

My thinking is that it will finish and be replaced in its slot by Batwoman, as a result of what happens during the annual crossover.

Anyone watched Umberalla Academy on Netflix? I've watched the whole series and quite enjoyed it, there are quite a few changes from the comic books but it works well. It did make me realise how much I dislike Ellen Page though, she's always so miserable and just seems to play miserable in everything she's in and instead of seeing her character on screen, I just see Ellen Page.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot. The kid playing Number 5 was great and the whole tone of the season was really well done.

But yeah, Ellen Page was the worst thing about it. She has absolutely no charisma on screen.

I've not even started Umbrella Academy yet. I was put off by the trailer, where it's clear Robert Sheehan is doing his character again.

I think you'll be slightly surprised. That character ends up with a lot more layers than the trailer leads you to believe/

On 3/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, Factotum said:

I think you'll be slightly surprised. That character ends up with a lot more layers than the trailer leads you to believe/

He does have a bit more depth than the Misfits one, but it's definitely the standard Robert Sheehan character again, though. But I enjoy that. I liked Umbrella Academy a lot. Definitely no charisma to Ellen Page there, but that might be the point. I thought she was very charismatic in Super. I don't remember her in much else, other than Hard Candy, and I shot my load about fifteen minutes into that. I didn't really. She had short hair.

I'll edit this later in case I ever get a job with Disney.

Just got back from Captain Marvel and I really enjoyed it. It does a good job of introducing Captain Marvel to the MCU and has both good action and a good story. Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson both put in strong performances, and the supporting cast are good as well. While not without its flaws, it never felt too long and is well worth watching.

Captain Marvel is the best superhero film ever made. 

I have never been so happy at the cinema than watching that film and have my 7 year old girl just beam from ear to ear for 2 hours straight.

add me to the captain marvel love camp.

The problem with the MCU is there are so many good films. This, for me, is not in the upper regions, but it is probably my favourite origin film after GotG. I liked that it felt more like a sci-fi film rather then standard superhero. Another thing that they do well, is keeping things fresh and every film is different, something the DCU seems to repeat