Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It was pointed out to me this morning that if they're renewed on Disney+, it won't be in the same form as Disney have said there will be no R-rated content on that service.

I'm under the impression that they are dead if they get cancelled. That's not to say they won't do those characters on the Disney platform but from what I gather they won't be brought over as they are. Which is a terrible shame IMO. I desperately hope I'm wrong because with exception of Iron Fist S1 and a lesser extent Defenders it's been excellent. 

I remember getting so damn excited about 8 deep into Daredevil S1 and going on this massive rant to my wife about how Netflix have finally cracked the code of how to make TV outside of traditional TV etc.

I knew as soon as Disney announced the app that their days were numbered but it doesn't suck any less.

I really hoped Daredevil would stay. Has Punisher been mixed as well? I've not heard much about that. Outside of Dirty Laundry it's the only time the character has been done justice.

• Paid Members

They've definitely filmed Punisher s2, and the rumour doing the rounds was February for a release on Netflix. Have to imagine that's on the chopping block too with the other cancellations. 

On topic-ish, but this Disney + thing is really interesting, and given their previous form for removing DVDs from the marketplace to re-release them for anniversary editions (The Lion King was a notable one for the 20 year anniversary) I would suggest if you want to own any classic Disney DVDs/Blu Rays that are on sale (Sainsburys seem to have many of them for about £7 on DVD) currently you might want to buy them soon, as I would not be surprised if the streaming service might result in them being pulled from the shelves.

6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

On topic-ish, but this Disney + thing is really interesting, and given their previous form for removing DVDs from the marketplace to re-release them for anniversary editions (The Lion King was a notable one for the 20 year anniversary) I would suggest if you want to own any classic Disney DVDs/Blu Rays that are on sale (Sainsburys seem to have many of them for about £7 on DVD) currently you might want to buy them soon, as I would not be surprised if the streaming service might result in them being pulled from the shelves.

I’m surprised they haven’t already after they launched Disney Life a couple of years back.

And once this Disney+ launches I would imagine that Disney Life will be merged into it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

17 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Most recent episode of The Flash

Hide contents

At the end, was that The Monitor? I don't want to Google and ruin any storylines for myself, but that suggests heading towards Crisis on Infinite Earths

Its the now annual DC Arrowverse crossover starting this Sunday running through Tuesday, it’s not that story being adapted but another well known DC Comics arc

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Don't scare me like this!

I pretty much forgot that it's a Marvel show and didn't think it would be screwed with.

Legion is part of the Marvel Mutants, owned by Fox... FX is owned by Fox... Disney will own Fox after the merger… So most likely the show wont be in any problems…

Not sure about the Gifted which is broadcasted by Fox, which wont go to Disney...

Runaways is broadcasted on HULU which Disney now owns 60 % of...

And Cloak & Dagger is broadcasted on the Disney owned Freeform...

So these shows are most likely save...

• 2 weeks later...