Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm kinda hyped for this, I love Riverdale and some of the modern Archie-verse comics.

Always interesting to see faces I've seen before pop up somewhere else - girl playing Sabrina is Don Draper's daughter in Mad Men.

• Paid Members

Given we don't know how the film's going to be yet, it's a bit premature to say she's boring. I hated the Green Goblin character until they did the first Spider-Man movie, giving the look a rationale and the portrayal the classic Dafoe psycho flavour.

Marvel have been doing great work with their movies so far, making vague franchises like Guardians Of The Galaxy into must-see stories. So I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of job they do with Captain Marvel.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

She's a fucking boring character. Nobody want to hear her speak.

My 7 year old daughter is super hyped for Captain Marvel, the potential for a lass leading The Avengers has her so excited. And with that Marvel are gonna make a bucket load from this film.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

In the fucking bin, mate. It's totally reasonable to find it odd that the main character has less to say in the trailer than someone who is probably only making a cameo appearance.

True, although in the case of that particular trailer, I'd argue that it might be because they want to give away as little as they can about the character until the film release, whereas everybody who's watched any MCU movies will have seen Jackson as Fury quite a few times already, so it's fine to have his dialogue drive the trailer.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

In the fucking bin, mate. It's totally reasonable to find it odd that the main character has less to say in the trailer than someone who is probably only making a cameo appearance.

It's really not though, is it. It's third person narration that's a staple of trailers ( see above), from an established character ( at this point she has zero background in the other films and he is her link to the other films)

His narration was used for the first Avengers film and was the start of the voice over for Infinity War, so it's not like there isn't form  

its someone desperately reaching for something to be offended by. 

• Paid Members

Fair enough. I'd seen the trailer and found it odd how she got barely a look in comparison to Samuel, but I never really watch modern trailers anyway (I find that they give too much away) so I didn't know that this was a common trend or 'method'.

I'll throw my hands up in the air on that one. Though I do still think that Tone's comment should get in the fucking bin.

5 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Quick question,

So Marvel is superman levels of strong, and fury meets her in the 80s? Soooooooooo the question is didnt he feel the need to call her for the battle of newyork? by all accounts half the army where in space to?

Maybe they’ll be something about that in the movie?