Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Batman: The Animated Series is coming to BluRay in October 22nd. Also included in the set are BluRays of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr Freeze: Sub-Zero.

Needless to say, I pre-ordered this within seconds. Itā€™s up for pre-order at Ā£57.99, or there is a deluxe edition that comes with Funko figures for Ā£79.99.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Just saw Teen Titans Go to the movies. Possibly the best DC film since Batman Begins (yeah I donā€™t enjoy TDK, save for Heath Ledger) and easily the2nd best Superhero film this year. Havenā€™t laughed at film that much in ages. Definitely worth a watch. Funnier then both Deadpool films combined as well and smarter.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Fat fingers

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Batman: The Animated Series is coming to BluRay in October 22nd. Also included in the set are BluRays of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr Freeze: Sub-Zero.

Needless to say, I pre-ordered this within seconds. Itā€™s up for pre-order at Ā£57.99, or there is a deluxe edition that comes with Funko figures for Ā£79.99.

I LOVE 'Mask Of The Phantasm' and if I had more disposable income I would be pre-ordering this in a heartbeat.

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Just saw Teen Titans Go to the movies. Possibly the best DC film since Batman Begins (yeah I donā€™t enjoy TDK, save for Heath Ledger) and easily the2nd best Superhero film this year. Havenā€™t laughed at film that much in ages. Definitely worth a watch. Funnier then both Deadpool films combined as well and smarter.

This belongs in the unpopular opinions thread. TDK has it's faults but it's still the best Batman film. Then again, I champion the likes of 'LongĀ Halloween', 'Dark Victory' and 'Hush' as being in the top-tier of Batman stories so of course I would love TDK as it was heavily influenced by them.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Why is the one with funkos more expensive?

Saw Ant-Man/Wasp yesterday, it was fun enoughĀ but neither ant-man film stands out as anything special to me and it was just very standard MCU fare. The FBI agent was funny but even that felt a bit by the numbers at this point.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Why is the one with funkos more expensive?

Ā 

It's the limited deluxe edition. Pop completests will eat that stuff up even if it is nearly Ā£20 more. I'm going to get the standard edition for sure. Fortunately I never got round to importing Mask of the Phantasm or Sub-Zero.

You get 3 Funko figures (Batman, Harley Quinn and Joker) in the deluxe edition, which is exclusive to HMV. Iā€™m not sure if the figures themselves areĀ exclusive to that set or if theyā€™re just Batman ones that have already been released. You also get 7 lenticular art cards, if your into collecting that sort of thing.

Theyā€™veĀ updated the listing since yesterday too, which now states that there are 11 episodes with Audio Commentry and includes the Special Features:

* All New Documentary - The Heart of Batman - A rare gathering of talent defined Batman for a generation. This hour-long documentary takes an in-depth look at the renowned storytellers behind the landmark series.
* The Dark Knight's First Night Pilot Promo - Witness the 1991 Batman promo reel as producers Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski discuss the origins of Batman: The Animated Series.
* Batman: The Legacy Continues Retrospective ā€“ DC luminaries join BTAS creators as they explore the combination of exquisite design and in-depth storytelling that helped create a once in a generation show.
* Robin Rising: How the Boy Wonder's Character Evolved ā€“ The evolution of Dick Grayson from young ward to crime fighter.
* Gotham's Guardians: The Stalwart Supporting Characters ā€“ Batman is not the only hero safeguarding Gotham City. This documentary focuses on the importance of the Dark Knight's allies in the Batman mythology.
* Voices of the Knight ā€“ Actors Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Adriene Barbeau, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., and Andrea Romano discuss the process of bringing their iconic characters to life.
* Gotham's New Knight ā€“ Barbara Gordon swings into focus in this exciting look at Batman's trusted ally and equal, Batgirl.
* In-Movie Experience ā€“ Behind the Scenes
* Twelve Arkham Asylym Featurettes, examining the Top Secret Case Files of the Dark Knightā€™s many foes.
* Concepting Harley Quinn (Featurette)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Fuck's sake. Ruby Rose has quit Twitter because a bunch of fucking shrieking shitbags can't accept a gay actress playing Batwoman as a gay character on screen, and getting her own spin-off series as such. Geek fandom at its absolute, dirt worst.Ā 

Ah, fuck it. Make Superman and Batman gay. Mark Millar's shit, but clearly he was right. Make those two gay, and watch the internet collapse under the weight of the rage posts.

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-backlash-twitter-arrow/

• Paid Members

It's to be expected at the minute. Geek culture online seems to be 'pile on if you don't like something' from the vocal minority and there's some horrendous stuff been said in recent cases. It's a crazy bit of PR backlash though with some members of the LGBTĀ community they were trying to appeal to attacking the casting.

Ruby Rose has been attacked by some of the LGBT+ community since she started making waves in OITNB, there was a lot of "ugh, hollywood is choosing this conventionally pretty white woman as our representative" sentiment going around social media circles (I'm looking at you, tumblr). I was seeing it in this left leaning gaming group I'm in a few days ago too.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Apparently Ruby Rose ā€œisnā€™t gay enoughā€ because she identifies as being ā€˜gender fluidā€™

What would the correct level of gay be?

(not gay)