Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Entered this topic for the first time in weeks and watched Infinity War yesterday and… wow.

Are there any Marvel films being released between now and the sequel next year? Or is the MCU now in limbo until it’s addressed in the next Avengers movie?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Venom is out in October, but that’s not connected

Aye, knew about Venom. Actually looking forward to it with it not being connected. Intrigued to see how they make it stand out on its own. Definitely seem to be giving the movie its own “style” with Venom wanting to eat organs!

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/swamp-thing-to-be-a-hard-r-and-practical/

Apparently the new Swamp Thing TV series is going to be very violent, very weird, very scary and Swamp Thing himself will be a practical costume. All great news. Looking forward to Doom Patrol too. I hope because they're a bit weirder and they're not on the CW network they don't have the same soap opera vibe as Arrow and Flash.

That's a good time for me then. If they're basing Swamp Thing on Alan Moore's run, that's perfect.

As for Doom Patrol, Grant Morrison's run on them is one of the greatest things I have ever read. It made me a Morrison fan for life. Unfortunately, later runs of Doom Patrol have been rather standard superhero team fare, although I did love the breaking of the fourth wall stuff with Mr. Nobody becoming Mr. Somebody and directly referring to DC's marketing department, but it was too little, too late in that arc.

• Paid Members

Henry Cavill has supposedly been sacked from his Superman gig. By the looks of it, Warner are annoyed that he couldn't make it into the Shazam film because he works in between the occasionally superhero film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306

According to Deadline (no idea if they’re credible or not), one of the actors being considered to replace him is Michael B Jordan.

I don’t care either way, but would Black Superman be welcomed? Or is it just going to bring out the absolute worst?

http://bit.ly/2CNC27H

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Henry Cavill has supposedly been sacked from his Superman gig. By the looks of it, Warner are annoyed that he couldn't make it into the Shazam film because he works in between the occasionally superhero film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306

This is such horrible news for me, I was still holding out hope that big Batfleck would be back and now this. I loved those two as the world's finest. Can someone cover my shift please I need to go in the back and cry.

I have no interest in the DC universe films - they've generally been pretty bloody awful, Wonder Woman aside, and when compared with the slick interconnectivity of Marvel they feel amateur hour.

The best DC product by far, IMO, is Gotham.  They've spent 3 seasons providing clever, detailed backstories for all the major characters which really adds a ton now we're starting to see Batman as a superhero.  Lots of good casting and some really hot actresses in leather - what more could you want?

• Paid Members

I'm starting to think this Henry Cavill Superman thing is a work. Unfortunately these films live and die on social media hype and it wouldn't surprise me if DC started the Cavill leaving and Michael B Jordan rumours to get everyone angry so they'll breathe a collective sigh of release when they announce Peter Jackson's Man of Steel 2 starring Henry Cavill and get the hype train started on a positive note. That's what I hope is happening anyway.