Bellenda Carlisle

Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

In the fucking bin, mate. It's totally reasonable to find it odd that the main character has less to say in the trailer than someone who is probably only making a cameo appearance.

True, although in the case of that particular trailer, I'd argue that it might be because they want to give away as little as they can about the character until the film release, whereas everybody who's watched any MCU movies will have seen Jackson as Fury quite a few times already, so it's fine to have his dialogue drive the trailer.

Considering the obvious importance of Mar Vell in the film, Jude Law barely featured.

Trailer 1s are always somewhat vague.

25 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

In the fucking bin, mate. It's totally reasonable to find it odd that the main character has less to say in the trailer than someone who is probably only making a cameo appearance.

It's really not though, is it. It's third person narration that's a staple of trailers ( see above), from an established character ( at this point she has zero background in the other films and he is her link to the other films)

His narration was used for the first Avengers film and was the start of the voice over for Infinity War, so it's not like there isn't form  

its someone desperately reaching for something to be offended by. 

Fair enough. I'd seen the trailer and found it odd how she got barely a look in comparison to Samuel, but I never really watch modern trailers anyway (I find that they give too much away) so I didn't know that this was a common trend or 'method'.

I'll throw my hands up in the air on that one. Though I do still think that Tone's comment should get in the fucking bin.

Quick question,

So Marvel is superman levels of strong, and fury meets her in the 80s? Soooooooooo the question is didnt he feel the need to call her for the battle of newyork? by all accounts half the army where in space to?

5 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Quick question,

So Marvel is superman levels of strong, and fury meets her in the 80s? Soooooooooo the question is didnt he feel the need to call her for the battle of newyork? by all accounts half the army where in space to?

Maybe they’ll be something about that in the movie? 

30 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

meets her in the 80s?

90s, but yes the plothole will obviously be explained 

From the various trailer breakdowns online, several have identified the jets used as in use around the mid-80s, but the train scene later as mid-90s, so it looks like there'll be some serious time-hopping, both within the main storyline and the flashbacks Marvel will be going through herself.

There's a chance that whatever happens in Captain Marvel will lead to Fury losing his eye, gaining a massive distrust/fear of outer space threats and telling Marvel to never come back to Earth, or she'll go to defend the Earth herself. However betrayed Fury may feel though, no doubt he'll have kept his beeper on him, just in case. And that's discounting any quantum doodads or shenanigans the studio shoe-horn in as possible explanations for her absence.

There is also the possibility that

Thanos wiping out half the life in the universe has prompted her to come back, and that, until that point, she's been ignoring Fury's signals during past crises.

I wish someone would fucking stab David Ayer, I don't hate Suicide Squad as much as lots of people but it certainly has its faults. He did more damage to the DC cinematic universe than anyone with some of the terrible decisions he made on that film though. The thing that bothers me is that he's backtracked on every one of them and apologised, it makes me sick. Like he's trying to look cool by slagging off his own film after no one liked his stupid decisions, the damage is done David you shit twat.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Teedy Kay said:

Considering the obvious importance of Mar Vell in the film, Jude Law barely featured.

Trailer 1s are always somewhat vague.

I don't think Marvel have said he is actually playing Mar Vell, have they? I wouldn't be shocked if they used her newer origin (or changed it all together) and the rumours that he's playing Yon-Rogg and is the main baddie, are true. 

It was heavily reported when he was cast that's why he was. Think variety or someone pretty much confirmed it. The fact he is barely in that teaser also leads me to believe that's who he is. Would be cool as well.

On the Joker footage. Everything about this film excites me.

On 9/20/2018 at 8:04 AM, Teedy Kay said:

My 7 year old daughter is super hyped for Captain Marvel, the potential for a lass leading The Avengers has her so excited. And with that Marvel are gonna make a bucket load from this film.

My 8yo daughter is also really excited for this. In theory Captain Marvel should be THE biggest superhero of 2019. The genre could really do with this, a female lead in a hugely successful Marvel movie. Black Widow is good, but she's not marketable enough nor taken centre stage.