Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Can't find concrete confirmation on that but I've got my my suicide note ready just in case. I'm quick to defend the DC films but there were issues with them, the casting of those two definitely wasn't one of them though.I'll be gutted if we never once get Batfleck in his own film fighting his own baddies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Daredevil was great, I think DD must have the shittest life of any superhero.

I haven't been so riveted to a TV show for ages, I was on the edge of my seat for the last couple of episodes. It really does try hard to be a well done modern "good TV" style show and not be camp or silly and it pulls it off, you'd have to be the least imaginative cunt on earth to watch that season of Daredevil and think it was silly. I wouldn't want to see a big superhero movie done in that style but for TV and for DD (Punisher also) it works really well.

Some brilliant moments and Pointdexter is my favourite character in anything for ages.

Vincent D'Onofrio obviously killed it as well, I love his Kingpin voice and speech pattern.

I can't believe Kingpin's wife failing to enjoy breakfast would be an interesting scene I'd want to see in a superhero adaptation but here we are.

I loved the fact that even though it tried very hard to be so gritty they still just gave "Bullseye" his perfect aim superpower. 

• Paid Members

Is anyone else watching Titans?  

I'm a hardcore DC guy but I think all the superhero TV shows except Daredevil and Punisher are fucking shit. I gave Titans a chance though and I can't get ebough of it. The interplay between Robin and the guest character this week (episode 6) was brilliant, all the guest characters have been great, Hawk and Dove were really well done too. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Is anyone else watching Titans?  

I'm a hardcore DC guy but I think all the superhero TV shows except Daredevil and Punisher are fucking shit. I gave Titans a chance though and I can't get ebough of it. The interplay between Robin and the guest character this week (episode 6) was brilliant, all the guest characters have been great, Hawk and Dove were really well done too. 

Is it available anywhere in the UK right now legally? The initial trailer made it look gash but I'll give anything a proper shot.

• 2 weeks later...