Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I would like to think it was set before aswell with something happening at the end to set up Infinity War and after but the film comes out after End Game so it would be all out of date.

According to leaks that came out before the trailer

it's after.

My biggest gripe though is that it shows that nothing has really changed in the world so it looks like the snap was completely reversed.

Edited by W35ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/affleck-out-as-batman-sets-june-2021-date/

Been dreading this news for a year,  Ben Affleck officially not starring in Matt Reeves' Batman. it will always piss me off that we never got that solo Bat film with Big Ben directing, starring and writing.

Yes its annoying. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Affleck's portrayal of Batman. That sort of older, grizzled Batman/ Bruce Wayne was great in BvS (not the film, but his bits).

It seemed that LIVE BY NIGHT really knocked him, then the studio got cold feet over the script he wrote, then he fell off the wagon. He also seemed utterly bored by the Justice League. I really like Reeves and hoped he and Affleck could make this work together.

I can't be bothered with a 'young' Batman again.  We've had that. Get another older actor. Fuck it, get Keaton back.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Yes its annoying. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Affleck's portrayal of Batman. That sort of older, grizzled Batman/ Bruce Wayne was great in BvS (not the film, but his bits).

It seemed that LIVE BY NIGHT really knocked him, then the studio got cold feet over the script he wrote, then he fell off the wagon. He also seemed utterly bored by the Justice League. I really like Reeves and hoped he and Affleck could make this work together.

I can't be bothered with a 'young' Batman again.  We've had that. Get another older actor. Fuck it, get Keaton back.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a case of writing by committee by the studio and them changing whatever he was writing to fit into their ever changing universe, especially as their knee jerk reaction to the failure of Justice League was everything needs to be less dark.

Affleck as Batman in BvS is one of the few redeeming features of that film.

I'd love to have Keaton back but he'd need a big silver wig and his black polo neck 

• Paid Members

There is all manner of rumour floating about why they didn't bother with the mouth-watering idea of Affleck directing a Batman film. The film was supposed to be released last year, but Warner has very clearly shat it once all the clumsy universe building and bad work they've mostly done came to a head with the Justice League ba-ba-bomb.

I definitely suspect Affleck just can't be arsed with it. Obviously, his personal life doesn't seem too rosy, but Warner seems to be coming up with new DC strategies after every other film.

Yeah, if I remember correctly he had written the script with help from Geoff Johns and the guy who did Argo with him, so clearly there was talent behind his script. WB shat it as you say. I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't set within the 'DCEU'. There's whispers it'll be 80s/90s set, but how true that is who knows.

If they make it black and white and for 50 mil as a noir thriller,I'll be all on board.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watched Umberalla Academy on Netflix? I've watched the whole series and quite enjoyed it, there are quite a few changes from the comic books but it works well. It did make me realise how much I dislike Ellen Page though, she's always so miserable and just seems to play miserable in everything she's in and instead of seeing her character on screen, I just see Ellen Page.