Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The script was be Rashida Jones and her writing partner. They left under a cloud just before the John Lasseter situation. The film was due out this year and got swapped with Incredibles 2 (which to changes to that film). Also, TS4 was a JL project and with him going I think people are worried about the end product.

There have been plenty of Pixar films that have been great without Lasseter on board.

There have also been loads of movies regarded as having 'perfect' endings that have yielded fine sequels. It's never an excuse not to make more. It just requires good writing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There have been plenty of Pixar films that have been great without Lasseter on board.

There have also been loads of movies regarded as having 'perfect' endings that have yielded fine sequels. It's never an excuse not to make more. It just requires good writing.

Fully agree. And lets be honest what has he given us? Cars 2 FFS. Though Cars 3 was pretty good

The fact that Gunn, a man who made Super and a bunch of Troma movies, lasted this long in that environment without someone bringing up concerns is as news worthy to me as how spurious his dismissal was.

Both Aquaman and Shazam look like FUN has been very much the studio mandate. Although saying that Aquaman does look very Thor.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, W35ty said:

Aquaman looks silly. Why is a shark roaring?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Moderators

The editing in those two DC trailers is horribly similar. It seems to completely ignore the content and context entirely. Why can't people make decent trailers anymore?

That aside though, Shazam looks like it might actually be decent. Aquaman looks like standard DC garbage, obviously.

• Paid Members

I'm liking the look of it too. Trying to dampen my anticipation for the exact same reason, Herr Bollocks. Been bitten too many times - and I'm a DC fan. Was bitterly disappointed about the whole Green Lantern debacle. 

I actually like the look of the Aquaman film, mainly because of the inclusion of Black Manta, who's one of the best (as in most evil) supervillains ever.