Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

So Infinity War.

I came out of the film bursting for a piss and thirsty. And on my jaunt to the toilet another viewer looked at me and asked what I thought, I told him I didn't really know and he said he felt exactly the same.

After sleeping on it, well I'm mainly annoyed at the whole thing. Everyone was portrayed so poorly in my opinion that I feel all these films leading up to Infinity War were pretty much a wasted exercise.

Stark came across a right loser, and I really wish he'd died at the hands of Thanks rather than the weak handing over of a stone.

Cap was reliant on as many people as possible.

Hulk turned pussy and refused to fight Thanks and his minions because of the initial encounter. I mean how do make the Incredible Hulk look a pussy? They did it though.

Strange just looked thrown into the film, and after the badass magic achieved in his stand alone he did pretty much nowt of that Ilk to have a go at Thanos.

The Guardians were the best bit, but even then the Quill / Thanos 'you killed my bird's schtick came across as cheap.

It all came across as the first 10 years were good, but who we gave you were actually shitty cockwombles compared to Carol, so all that time you invested in these guys and gals being cool as shit and the planet's defenders, we'll actually that was all bollocks.

Plus I can't take my kids to see it, no way am I exposing them to so much loss with such little hope other than a 90s pager to finish on. As well as the fact Gamora is my eldest's fave super hero and she wants to see her team with She-Hulk in a film in the future. At least she'll get Captain Marvel.

I take it Antman was kept well away as a shrunk down Antman making his way into Thanos' ear canal and then resizing to blow his head apart would have been too easy?

Overall I feel flat about the whole affair.

Edited by Teedy Kay
First time using spoiler tags

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I'm taking my gf to see Infinity War.  I'm not even bothering trying to get up to speed but she is concerned that she is behind on the TV shows.  Will this have any impact on the film?

As long as she’s aware of who all the characters are it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

That's great, cheers @johnnyboy.  I've seen a few of them but I'm not really into them.  She is though so I know she'd love to see this one in the cinema before spoilers become commonplace, and I promise not to keep going "Who is that" every few minutes!

Saw a reviewer getting flak for pretty much moaning that the characters aren't introduced and you're expected to know who they are and their relationships.  What a plank.

• Paid Members

I've seen it a second time, and it's not really very good at all. It has it's moments. Mainly involving Drax, but It's like watching your mate play a videogame and your go is the next time he loses a life, but he's getting really far without losing a life and you're sitting there fucking stewing hoping that Buga the Knut irons him out in record time.

I really loved the movie, but one thing bothered me.

Thanos mission to kill 50 % of life only ( kinda) makes sense with his infatuation with Death who for some reason is upset that more people are alive than have died. Without that, once you have the gauntlet why not double the amount of resources rather than half life.

Sorry if this has been mantioned, I thought the movie was great, it only struck me later that his solution could have been simpler. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell
added spoiler tags

On 29/04/2018 at 12:22 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I'm taking my gf to see Infinity War.

She really enjoyed it.  Me, not so much.  I guess I'm too much of an old school wrestling fan to appreciate it but

Whenever a baddie was fighting someone there was 3 or 4 goodies against them and that's not a good handicap match.  I guess one of my main problems with super hero films is a lack of tension regarding death, so when they are ganging up on the bad guy, I didn't give a shite for them

I didn't recognise everyone so just rolled with it, although I didn't recognise Captain America at all, what a noob!

Does Legion fit in this thread? I know it's Marvel but it's more like David Lynch and Wes Andersons bastard child with a hint of comic book thrown in their respective man batters.

*I meant love child but shh

Edited by Merzbow

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

I really loved the movie, but one thing bothered me.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanos mission to kill 50 % of life only ( kinda) makes sense with his infatuation with Death who for some reason is upset that more people are alive than have died. Without that, once you have the gauntlet why not double the amount of resources rather than half life.

Sorry if this has been mantioned, I thought the movie was great, it only struck me later that his solution could have been simpler. 

Probably because

He’s a baddie? That’s not meant to sound overly simplistic but on a fundamental level that’s all it is. He’s a madman, and for all he claims he’s doing the only sensible thing, the thought of doing anything other than the crazy genocide he’s convinced himself of just doesn’t occur to him.

• Paid Members

The gaunlet cant do stuff like that, the only stone that works that way is the reality stone and that only works to alter things for a short while. While the wearer is nearby. Hence why Draxx was turned into cubes but soon as he left he was ok. Thanos couldnt even fix his old home world. He could make it look like it was ok but soon as he stopped or left it went back to how it was.

Thanos cant get to every planet in the universe and fix what ever issues they have so he figures i will murder half of everyone. He has also seen this works on planets he had been and carried it out using his army

Edited by quote the raven