Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So the multiple canisters looks like they are going to jump straight into Carnage and Toxin and other symbiotes. I know the look is close to the comic but that's not always a good thing. The costume really, really doesn't look good. 

Considering how much I love the comic character, the Venom trailer just left me feeling flat. As Chokeout mentioned, the costume just looks a bit naff and just doesn't lend itself to a modern live action film.

I've been giddy about Deadpool 2 since the initial teaser trailer. Not long to wait now. I just hope that it's as good as, if not better, than the first film.

• Paid Members

Avengers : Infinity War  - It’s decent enough, but very convoluted at the best of times. Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Big Dave and Tom Holland bring some much needed humour to the show, but that’s very sporadic given the films nature.
I’d need to watch it again as there was so much going on, but I don’t think I have the patience to sit through it all again. Not for the immediate anyway.

I get why Loki had to go, but I don’t know how GOTG and Star Lord’s arc will continue as they made a ballsy choice by killing off Gamora. Not worried about everyone who supposedly ‘died’ by turning to ash/dust at all, as the characters that did are too big and lucrative for future movies and their respective franchises to kill off, but Gamora and Loki are gone, no doubt about it.

Edited by Scott Malbranque
Too many semis. Too many colons

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

The one thing I'm mainly disliking about Venom is that Tom Hardy in the MCU should have been playing Captain Britain if that project ever came around. 

As long as it was the modern iteration of Captain Britain, and not the crap one that gets de-powered every time he leaves the country.

• Paid Members

Completely agree with you Pitcos.

It flew by at the cinema (and is enjoyable in several areas that Marvel always thrive in), but coming out of the cinema I started picking away at it and realised it's a little underwhelming - decent, but still underwhelming.

It's a problem with these films, but given all the death, I felt zero emotion about any of them. Mainly because of the reason Pitcos mentions above. The ending should have meant more than it did. Instead it just felt a little flat.

Doctor Strange just giving Thanos the stone for Tony Stark's life was hokey, but I'm willing to let it slide because they maybe hinted it makes sense in the larger picture. Maybe.

On the positives, they do a better job balancing the characters in this one. It also reaffirmed my love of the GOTG characters, who were the ones getting the laughs. Big Dave's turn as Drax, in particular, getting the biggest laughs from the audience.

Also, The Vision is the Roman Reigns of superheroes. Despite possessing an infinity stone and supposedly having all this great power, he seems to spend his screen time going all "Oh Vic, I've fallen", with occasional moments of flying.

The end credit tease for Captain Marvel is pretty cool.

I'm with others in here. It has it's moments, but it's nothing more than a decent watch.

Edited by ColinBollocks