Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BigJag said:

Cheers. Anymore details about the film? Will it fit into the Justice League universe?

Apparently so. The OTT look of the costume fits into the rumour that they will be pitching it as a child who is a fan of Superman getting the powers. There were also rumours that Cavill will be innit as well. 

• Paid Members

I'm around ep 8 and think it's well worth a watch. Probably as good as season 1. The first season is more plodding and has worse action but a better big bad. If you like the first season I'd definitely say give it watch. Far better than the dregs of Iron Fist and The Defenders.

• Paid Members

I agree to give it a watch, we all like different stuff after all, and the acting is cracking. But as a show it's pacing felt off and it suffered from not having a decent antagonist. 

The sub plots were far more interesting than the main story.

Personally I thought it was the worst of the Marvel Netflix shows up to date. And I have JJ series 1 at the top of my list.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

There's a lack of focus, the above mentioned pacing issues and I've found most of the new characters to be really uninteresting, the ones that were already established don't exactly evolve well either. Things like the way addiction and abuse were handled well in season one feel ham-fisted here too, that pisses me off a tad.

• Moderators

I couldn't make it through Jessica Jones series 1, personally. The good bits were good, but not enough to keep me hooked - even for a marvel series it drags (and they all have too many episodes, even when they're good) . It's a shame as I really liked the bad guy.

I enjoyed Iron Fist more. It was crap, but at least it was fun. Punisher series 1 was my favourite of the lot; very much looking forward to the second series of that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I've given up on all those comic shows pretty much, I'm more of a DC guy but Punisher and Daredevil Season 1 were the best for me.

Having said that I just started watching the Peter Serafinowicz The Tick show and it's amazing. It's everything I want from a funny superhero show, Peter isn't quite perfect but he's trying so hard it's great. I like how it doesn't shy away from the wackiness of well observed superhero parodies and the way it's put them in a more real world setting works really well, It's very post-watchmen. The Deathstroke parody and his artificially intelligent gay boat are the best thing I've see on TV for ages. 

The Tick's bloody brilliant, the 2nd half of the season gets even better when it comes to Overkill and Dangerboat. It's in my top 4 comic shows along with Legion, JJ season 1 and Preacher. The End of The Fucking World could slot in there too but that's a totally different type of comic show.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying Black Lightning, but I'm under no illusions that it's particularly good or anything. It's standard superhero fare; at the moment, I'm just getting the impression that Warner Bros. felt they had to rush out a DC answer to Luke Cage. It's fun, and it's always good to see James Remar, but Punisher it ain't. Still, I'm hoping that it's in the process of finding its feet and will eventually get really good.