Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Rumour was that the original split would have them as two teams, continuing the civil war break, with them eventually merging in the second film. There's hints that it might still be the case with it being set in at least 2 locations (although Hulk seems to be in both)

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

What's the plans after the 4th? Reboot?

They are just going to plow on with the MCU. Load of contracts are up after the 4th and people like Downey Jr  are getting silly money so they'll probably just drop off and continue with other characters (hopefully with the option of bringing them back in future films) I honestly don't think I'd miss Black Widow, Hawkeye or Nick Fury if they never appeared again. It was looking like Thor wouldn't be back but the last film has made good money. Feige has also mentioned that they are going to explore more of the galactic version of Marvel, which will probably open up after Captain Marvel.

With what they've done so far and it's success I don't think they'll ever reboot or re-cast. I can see them passing identities to new characters though, like Bucky taking over as Cap, a Mile Morales Spider-man in the future

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Tah. I imagine they're probably not so keen on handing out too many more Downey Jnr deals. If they reboot/recast they're saving a ton of cash.

Exactly. It's crazy to think but the entire studio was built off the success of that one film and his performance and in 10 years he's gone from being paid $500,000 for the first film to getting near $100,000,000 for each of the Avengers films on a percentage deal. I wanna know how much Jon Favreau has made from it all. He directed Iron-man 1&2 but has producer credits on all the Avengers films as well (and possibly anything that features Iron-man) Not bad for an actor/director

• Awards Moderator

Kevin Feige said in an interview this week that he sees Avengers 4 as a kind of end-point for this iteration, and that while the films carry on they'll focus on a new generation of heroes - which'll be your Captain Marvels and other newer additions (presumably people like Doctor Strange and Black Panther who've only had one film so far).

Most of the main actors' contracts are up after Avengers 4 so this could be it for Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor and a few other people who've been in loads of films.

10 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

There's still two films, but Infinity War is just the first film. The second one has a different name, which they haven't announced yet as it's apparently an Infinity War spoiler.

Zoe Saldana supposedly let slip that the other film is either called

'Time Gauntlet' or just 'Gauntlet'

when she was doing the media for GOTG vol.2. Whether that was the final title or just a working title hasn't been confirmed though 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It's all about getting Taika Waititi back. The man is one of the best in the game, right now.

Apparently, it did better than they were expecting (box office and reviews), so hopefully it pushes them to have another go. Ragnarok is silly good fun, which is what Taika Waititi does better than most.