Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

47 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Why does he have a digital top lip?

Basically, because they had to go back and reshoot a whole bunch of scenes, he had grown a moustache for his role in a Mission Impossible film. Paramount refused to let him shave the 'tache, so they CGI'd it out. Apparently it's massively distracting.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Basically, because they had to go back and reshoot a whole bunch of scenes, he had grown a moustache for his role in a Mission Impossible film. Paramount refused to let him shave the 'tache, so they CGI'd it out. Apparently it's massively distracting.

Madness. That franchise is doomed.

8 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

85183EAA-D4E9-4A67-9B2C-9D43F1CF3880_zps

"thanks to modern editing techniques, we can complete the film without Henry's 'tache"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Punisher and Justice League dropping on the same day, what a time to be alive.

Loads of stuff to really like in Justice League but a bit of a lack of flow and impact. I thought The Flash stole the show, he felt really modern and his suit was gorgeous, top 5 movie Superhero costumes for me, it made the TV version look like a pile of puke. I love Batfleck and I hope we see him again but we generally got better Batman stuff in BVS. My expectations were insanely high though as the Justice League are my favourite fictional characters so definitely need to see it again to really know how I feel about it. Superman's lip in the first scene was fucking shocking but I didn't notice it in the rest.

A few episodes in to Punisher and I'm loving it so far IF it concludes in a thrilling explosive way, if it keeps the same tone all the way through I'll be less impressed.

• Paid Members

Finished Punisher last night.

For me it's up there with Daredevil. The sub plot screams 'we need more episodes' but apart from that it's probably the best paced series they've done and hasn't felt like they've tried to pad it out too much and go off in other directions to make a full series (I'm looking at you, Iron Fist!) The violence towards the end is

brutal, bordering on uncomfortable to watch and they've rightfully distanced themselves from the other TV series and made the violence mean more and you never got that sense that he was fighting unlimited waves of faceless ninja badguys and it could exist in the 'real world'

Frank getting shot and battered almost every episode was a welcome addition. Best version of Punisher they've ever managed by far, Bernthal plays him perfectly and they realised that it's just as much about who he's interacting with as it is about him. (The shifts in how he is talking to Micro compared to Karen are great) Him dancing to Paul Weller may be the oddest thing they've done in a marvel series though.

I know there's been complaints that they could have pushed some issues more, especially gun control. But lets face it, it's a topic that will just piss half your audience off in the US and i'm surprised they even tried to put it in.

• Paid Members

Put me down for one that actually really enjoyed Justice League. I went in with pretty low expectations but I have to admit, I honestly preferred it to Thor Ragnorok. 

It certainly had it's faults as people have mentioned, but it was fun and whilst at first I wasn't sure about the dynamic of the main cast members, by the end they all grew on me and it really did feel like a team.

I really do love Affleck's batman though, although not so much his Bruce Wayne if that makes any sense? I would say he's my favourite Batman by a long way in fact, especially the look, the way he moves and talks too. 

Now, onto The Punisher! 

Edited by lambyUK

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Runaways and I'm really enjoying it, a promising start with some decent young actors. Actual superheroness and powers have been kept to a minimum so far and it could be a little too teen drama for some but I'm already more invested in the characters than I am most Marvel shows.

Also, I've just ordered the first volume of Strangehaven which I hear is like Twin Peaks meets The Archers.