Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Wasn't even aware Runaways was out yet, will definitely catch up on that after I'm done with The Punisher. Struggling to keep up with these MCU shows lately. Not long got done finishing Inhumans, which was absolutely dreadful and I only persevered with because I'm an MCU completist.

Enjoying the punisher thus far (6 episodes in) but it is following the Netflix Marvel series formula of: 

Introduce character

Flashbacks

Cop buddy storyline running alongside

Hero gets bested in action

Origin storyline

Hero will make a return

I know I haven't seen all of it but it feels very familiar to Daredevil. It is the best portrayal of the punisher so far though. Just don't want to be disappointed.

Edited by Wideload90

• Paid Members

You won't be disappointed. I've been nursing a killer toothache. Which has allowed me to watch the whole series over the last two days. I'd have preferred to stretch the viewing over a few more days. The violence is a lot to take in over a short period.

They do a good job of giving Castle a human side along with his brutal one man army side. The bad guys are loathsome.

A very good series.

Edited by BigJag
Spelling error.

So the new trailer for Infinity War is out. I've seen bits of the MCU but I'm about as casual a fan as you can get with it with the exception of the two Guardians of The Galaxy films, which are great and could easily stand on their own. With them coming into the fold in Infinity War and this being the start of the Phase 3 culmination, if I were to want to catch up on the full story, what do I need to have seen and what can I skip? I don't fancy watching all 18 previous MCU films if I can get the same story in fewer

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

As said, You can get up to speed by watching Avengers 1&2, winter soldier and Civil war. That should cover most things. 

Loving the trailer. Doesn't give too much away but has enough of those 'holy shit' snippets to get me excited. 

Few faces missing from it so will be interesting to see if there's a later trailer with them in it. 

im hoping the 'big thing floating in the sky with an army of faceless monsters coming from it' doesn't play a massive part as it's been done to death over the last few years, including the last 2 Avengers films, although the multiple locations and scale make it look far more like an all out war. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So the new trailer for Infinity War is out. I've seen bits of the MCU but I'm about as casual a fan as you can get with it with the exception of the two Guardians of The Galaxy films, which are great and could easily stand on their own. With them coming into the fold in Infinity War and this being the start of the Phase 3 culmination, if I were to want to catch up on the full story, what do I need to have seen and what can I skip? I don't fancy watching all 18 previous MCU films if I can get the same story in fewer

Thinking of needing the essentials, I’d say:

Iron Man - good for Downey Jr, probably not essential as you get a sense of him from any Marvel film he’s in

Incredible Hulk - skip

Iron Man 2 - skip

Thor - handy for backstory on various elements, introduces you to the outer space type elements 

Captain America - if you know he gets frozen and fights a Nazi-ish group called Hydra, you’re probably okay to skip this

Avengers - watch

Iron Man 3 - again good for Downey Jr but no long term consequences so skippable

Thor 2 - skip

Winter Soldier - handy to watch for a few key characters

Guardians - initial set up of Thanos and infinity stones so handy to watch

Age of Ultron - not the best but introduces Vision who’ll probably play a big role in Infinity War, so maybe watch

Ant-Man - he can go tiny. Skip

Civil War - puts many major players in position for Infinity War. Watch

Dr Strange - looks to feature quite heavily if the trailer is any judge so maybe watch

Guardians 2 - if you know Nebula hates Thanos you don’t need to watch this one

Spider-Man - I had to edit this post when I forgot it so hard to argue it’s vital! You get most of what you need from Civil War so skip maybe 

Ragnarok - hard to say as it’s so recent but probably skippable in the grand scheme of things 

Black Panther - unknown but as it’s out two months before Infinity War there’ll probably be some useful set-up.

Hope that helps!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator
13 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I thought they were splitting Infinity War into two parts? Is it just a single film now?

There's still two films, but Infinity War is just the first film. The second one has a different name, which they haven't announced yet as it's apparently an Infinity War spoiler.