Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Best superhero show of the year? When Legion was so wonderful?

To be honest I haven't seen Legion at all. I will give it a go. But The Tick has The Tick in it.

The Tick was great, but Legion does beat it at a canter. The main issue with the Tick was it's budget, Amazon didn't give them much to spend and it shows;Ā they hid it well in telling a smaller story but some of the effects (mostly around Tick himself) were super ropey. Serafinowicz is fantastic thoughĀ (although his face is a little hangdog in the mask, rather than the typical strong jawline of the comics/cartoons), very inspired casting.

• Paid Members

The Tick was tremendous viewing. Thoroughly enjoyed it but as much as I love Serafinowicz, Patrick Warburton was the perfect Tick to me.

Personally, I preferred the 2001 show as it made me giddy when I watched it (still does, to be honest) and I know itā€™s unfair to compare as theyā€™re both tonally different, but Warburton over Serafinowicz for me.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The Tick was tremendous viewing. Thoroughly enjoyed it but as much as I love Serafinowicz, Patrick Warburton was the perfect Tick to me.

Personally, I preferred the 2001 show as it made me giddy when I watched it (still does, to be honest) and I know itā€™s unfair to compare as theyā€™re both tonally different, but Warburton over Serafinowicz for me.

Ā 

Ā 

That's exactly how I've always felt, the Tick has always been one of my favouritesĀ and I really like Serafinowicz as well but Patrick Warburton as the Tick is just unbeatable casting, he's as close as it gets to a living comedy cartoon character. I'd say him as the Tick and Gerard Depardieu as Obelix are two comic roles no one on earth was better suited for.Ā  Serafinowicz is being as good as he possibly could be as well, he's just let down by his saggy depressing face.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The fucking nick he's in! Surely that's prosthesis like Perlman had, because there's no way he's packed on that much size without "assistance".

Either Harbour has only discovered at 42 that he has incredible Anthony Joshua-like genetics, or he's been talking to Billy Jack Haynes.

I'm very envious here. Bitter, even. That is astonishing, if legit.
He's bigger than Arnie in his pomp. Look at the fucking arms and delts on the cunt??!?!

• Paid Members

Finally got round to watching Teen Titans Judas Contract. I'm not nearly as familiar with Teen Titans as I am with most of the rest of the DCU but holy crap I freaking loved that movie. Easily the best animated DCU movie in ages. A superb story, executed pefectly and its surprisingly dark. I'm fully convinced they should get a Teen Titans live action movie made now. It would print money like Suicide Squad did and it would be hard to be as bad as that. I've had the Judas Contract book for ages and its got me pretty fired up to give it a read.

EDIT - Huh turns out I don't have the book. Will get on that asap.

Edited by DEF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone else just watch the first episode of The Gifted?Ā 

I quite liked it. Definitely going to keep going with it for now, after Legion it was nice to have a more straightforward series in theĀ X-Men universe.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...